DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AIR 2S help please

JCapps

Reactions
So I haven't flown in a bit. Checked firmware and updated. There is a new DJI Fly app version so downloaded newest version but when I go to open the app it states there is an update available. My version on the app shows version 1.12.5. When I connect the drone and controller the drone does not respond to the sticks. What's interesting is the drone responds to me turning on the landing lights and the gimball moves up and down like it should in video mode. The app states clear for takeoff but the drone won't respond. Anyone have any idea what in the world is going on? Thanks

Update. Brain dead on my part. Lots of travel and just exhausted. Just to be clear it's all me. I was trying to get the props spinning by just pushing the stick up not using both sticks, I'll be alright......maybe

Last edited:
Reactions: cneedelman
So the problem is that you can't start the motors while the drone is on the ground, right?

Have you tried starting with both stick motion: both sticks back & inward and both sticks back and outward?

So the problem is that you can't start the motors while the drone is on the ground, right?

Have you tried starting with both stick motion: both sticks back & inward and both sticks back and outward?
Yes that was the problem but it was all me. Like I said it's been a while and I am half brain dead after lots of travel the last couple of days. I'm out of town and brought the drone with me just in case. Was notified of a new update on the DJI Fly app so I was updating the software and firmware. Just thought I would make sure everything was working properly but couldn't get props to turn but I was simply just pushing up on the left stick and not moving both down and inward like I should lol. I went back outside again and without thinking about it I used both sticks like I should have in the beginning. I thought to myself, duh you dummy. Apparently I need to get some rest. Thanks for the input

Yes that was the problem but it was all me. Like I said it's been a while and I am half brain dead after lots of travel the last couple of days. I'm out of town and brought the drone with me just in case. Was notified of a new update on the DJI Fly app so I was updating the software and firmware. Just thought I would make sure everything was working properly but couldn't get props to turn but I was simply just pushing up on the left stick and not moving both down and inward like I should lol. I went back outside again and without thinking about it I used both sticks like I should have in the beginning. I thought to myself, duh you dummy. Apparently I need to get some rest. Thanks for the input
Coffee sometimes works for me. That startup command is one of those things that you do without thinking, just muscle memory and your subconscious mind. Then when you think about it after being away for a while, it's not there.

Get a good night of sleep and post a vacation photo tomorrow.

Coffee sometimes works for me. That startup command is one of those things that you do without thinking, just muscle memory and your subconscious mind. Then when you think about it after being away for a while, it's not there.

Get a good night of sleep and post a vacation photo tomorrow.
I had 3 cups this morning. Guess I needed more, After updating, I just wanted to get the props turning since I was inside. Pushed up on the left stick and of course nothing. Took it outside with the same action in mind. Used auto takeoff and all actions responded. Tried takeoff manually again and nothing. Went back inside to think about things and start some research. When I went back outside I didn't think about it, I just pushed both sticks down/in and voila. I had a good laugh at myself and thought "man you must be tired". I definitely need some much needed rest. May not get some until the end of the week since I won't be home until Thursday. Lots of driving back and forth to see family out of town and then a 6 hour drive home. I bet I won't forget again after all of this.

Reactions: careless
Glad you got it sorted out

Reactions: sarahb
Nice photo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member