DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s In-flight smart controller video loss

Richard Williams

Reactions
I just was in a panic when I lost the smart controller video; it simply froze. It was not far but behind trees out of sight. I could tell I had control because of the changing sound cause by the controller input. As I was about to RTH, I made visual contact and drove it home. What's going on? Any ideas? Happed to others??

Stay from behind trees, buildings, etc!... The signal will not go through! ...The video signal back to the controller is more susceptible to blocked signal than the control signal so you should have control if losing the video, as you found out,
If you keep it in your line of sight that will maximize both signals and is really the ONLY way to fly and one of the "rules"
I don't know what you expected from the drone but if you continue to fly like that (behind trees, etc), you will lose it.

Stay from behind trees, buildings, etc!... The signal will not go through! ...The video signal back to the controller is more susceptible to blocked signal than the control signal so you should have control if losing the video, as you found out,
If you keep it in your line of sight that will maximize both signals and is really the ONLY way to fly and one of the "rules"
I don't know what you expected from the drone but if you continue to fly like that (behind trees, etc), you will lose it.
Thank you. Would one expect the video to reestablish connection once it is in direct sight?

I just was in a panic when I lost the smart controller video; it simply froze. It was not far but behind trees out of sight. I could tell I had control because of the changing sound cause by the controller input. As I was about to RTH, I made visual contact and drove it home. What's going on? Any ideas? Happed to others??
Yes it has happened to me at least three times. I made a youtube video of this be screen recording and plan to submit to DJI.

Yes, It normally does/should regain the video feed, but not every time. So, I wouldn't count on it.
Once it came back I flew several more flights with no issues, it is sure an unexpected event.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580