DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Issues

WSI

Reactions
Hey all, my Air2S has really been acting strange lately and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any of these issues also. I think the most odd is that the drone will become non-responsive to side to side movement, and sometimes to any pitch or roll movement. If I switch modes, it becomes responsive again. And if I switch back to the mode I was in originally, it stays responsive. Also, the drone has become sluggish now and then - losing altitude and/or having trouble gaining altitude. You can hear the motors are sluggish and not responding to controls to increase the lift.

It all makes me nervous to fly it over water or fly it too far away in mountain settings. Does anyone have experience with these problems?

It Sounds as if you have a bad ESC. But it could also be a faulty IMU. Cheapest answer - Send your drone to DJI.
If you have experience with building or repairing Drones, Belive it or not it is still probably your best bet.
They can troubleshoot the problem much better and you won't be buying a part you might not need.
I would NOT fly that drone until repaired

I haven't had this issue at all. I would take video of this and show it to DJI on their forum like they suggested to see what they have to say.