DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s lens filter

After reading this post I checked my 2S and, low and behold, there was no glass...just the ring. I could have SWORN there was glass in there initially...very odd. I run mostly vid, in the super bright FL sun, so have a bunch of different ND's on anyway. But, I might get a UV filter to protect the lens when I strictly want to do Photos w/no ND's on. I'm really scratching my head here, because I REALLY could have sworn there was glass in there, lol...

Does any of you know a webshop, where you can buy a clear cover/filter for the drone? Just to protect the lens of the drone when flying.
You can get a CPL or a UV Haze that does pretty much the same thing, esp the UV Haze. Better than a plain glass / plastic piece as it will help when you are shooting facing or at angle to the sun and get that glare. Amazon, eBay, and others have them made by many different companies - from cheap to expensive.

Reactions: RKMichaelsen
Thanks. Does it have any impact on the quality of the photos?
I have only had it short while, in the ad picture it looks like it might effect the light coming into the camera, but it is actually just clear. I have not seen any negative effect on videos or photos.

Reactions: RKMichaelsen
Thank you for the feedback. I have just ordered a PGYTECH CPL. Looks very much forward to try it. A bit worried about the lighting when the camera is facing away from the sun, but lets see how it goes.
Im going to take photos at night to a sail race in a couple of weeks. Just before the sunset. Thats is going to be the real test.

No idea, but it kind of freaked me out when I went to put a ND filter on for the first time...
I belive its there to fill the mounting holes for ND filters so dirt etc won't get in.. There is No Glass in the "blank filter"

Joe

I belive its there to fill the mounting holes for ND filters so dirt etc won't get in.. There is No Glass in the "blank filter"

Joe
There is glass in mine. Seems some have glass, and some don't. See pic about 12 posts back, on first page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong, as I said some had glass, some not.
Have you actually taken it off? Twisted the ring and removed it? Or are you just touching the lens on the drone?

I only ask because I just bought a clear UV filter for the reason that there is definitely no glass.

…if it’s a standard Air 2S with no ND or other type of lens added it can’t have glass in it - it’s just a ring to hide the mounts for ND filters.

Reactions: Rogueryan
Mine has no glass. Bought the Air 2s the first day it was available. So if it is based on manufacture date the first ones did not come with glass. I am not sure why you would want glass if it is not going to be used as a filter. I mostly use ND and Polarizer filters.

Attachments

• 404F07A7-9458-43AC-A217-8675139E89B8.jpeg
    404F07A7-9458-43AC-A217-8675139E89B8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: pommy and Rogueryan
Upon further investigation of my own Air 2S (after seeing there is no glass in the DJI supplied filter ring), I see that there is a glass panel, roughly the same size as the interior of the ring, over the lens, etc... Thankfully I keep variable ND's on at all times... so there's some protection there, when I use them during the day...

Upon further investigation of my own Air 2S (after seeing there is no glass in the DJI supplied filter ring), I see that there is a glass panel, roughly the same size as the interior of the ring, over the lens, etc... Thankfully I keep variable ND's on at all times... so there's some protection there, when I use them during the day...
It’s not a DJI “filter ring”. It’s just a protective cover for the ND filter attachment points.

The glass panel IS the lens (not the optical one). Same as a camera lens is the outside glass piece of glass, not the optics ?? (Hence needing a cover)

Did I miss something but I thought there was a clear glass cover that came on the air 2s combo, when I took this off the other day I was going to clean it and my finger poked through the filter ring. So Did it never have glass in it or did it fall out. If it didn't come with glass could someone recommend a clear filter to help protect the lens I have the same issue on my DJI Air 2S. No glass on the empty frame Lens. I do have the $-ND filters, but would like a clear class lens to use especially at night. Where can you buy a DJI Clear Glass Lens Frames, besides the UV filters?

Did I miss something but I thought there was a clear glass cover that came on the air 2s combo, when I took this off the other day I was going to clean it and my finger poked through the filter ring. So Did it never have glass in it or did it fall out. If it didn't come with glass could someone recommend a clear filter to help protect the lens.
Thanks
I have the same issue on my DJI Air 2S. No glass on the empty frame Lens. I do have the 4-ND filters, but would like a clear class lens to use especially at night. Where can you buy a DJI Clear Glass Lens Frames, besides the UV filters? reggie

N
I have the same issue on my DJI Air 2S. No glass on the empty frame Lens. I do have the 4-ND filters, but would like a clear class lens to use especially at night. Where can you buy a DJI Clear Glass Lens Frames, besides the UV filters? reggie

The UV ones are the clear ones ??

Reactions: merak75

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato