DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S lens profile for Adobe Lightroom/Camera Raw ?

Peio64270

Reactions
Does anyone know where to find lens correction profile for this drone ?
Thanks for your help.

If I'm reading this correctly, Camera Raw doesn't currently have a lens profile for any DJI aircraft.

Yes but maybe somebody made a profile for this drone and shared it or sailed it somwhere. This was the case, for example, for the Parrot Anafi.
Because the profile would already be embedded in the DNG file. (and the jpeg copy already has the lens correction profile applied to it)

View attachment 149361
View attachment 149362
(

OK, thank you. I didn't pay attention on it !
But the embeded profile looks to be for the Mavic Pro2, not for the AIR 2S....
1654447711714.png

Last edited:
It may say "built in" but does not correct for perspective or horizon distortion. In fact, there is no specific profile for the Air 2s. It is easily tested by simily choosing Osmo, Inspire or Mavic Pro profiles (presets). You can see all the changes.

The problem that is not solved is horizon distortion when constructing a pano from "wide angle" DNGs. No problem with 180 degree DNGs. It's all because the images are tilted (rotated) in the wide angle DNG set.

No one has solved this problem of horizon distortion.

It may say "built in" but does not correct for perspective or horizon distortion. In fact, there is no specific profile for the Air 2s. It is easily tested by simily choosing Osmo, Inspire or Mavic Pro profiles (presets). You can see all the changes.

The problem that is not solved is horizon distortion when constructing a pano from "wide angle" DNGs. No problem with 180 degree DNGs. It's all because the images are tilted (rotated) in the wide angle DNG set.

No one has solved this problem of horizon distortion.
If I'd have known this 6 months ago, I wouldn't have bought this drone.

It's so frustrating that the wide angle Pano's on my Mini2 are perfect, yet this Air 2S is severely hobbled by this problem.

Cheers - Rob.

Reactions: Peio64270
From what I can tell the embedded profile in the Air 2S only does vignette correction.
Note that lens profiles don't do "perspective correction", but they can do distortion correction (and with a "flat" image you can then apply perspective/etc modifications in software).

@robgreaves you say you like the images from your Mini 2?
I decided I wasn't quite happy with the images from my Mini 2. Both the vignetting and the stretching towards the edges.
So I set up my import scripts to use Exiftool to remove the embedded lens profiles (exposing the underlying image in Lightroom/etc). And then created a fresh lens profile from scratch, and made it default for the Mini 2. Along with a custom dual-illuminant DNG colour profile.
Now I really like the Mini 2 images!

If I had an Air 2S I'd be making a fresh set of profiles fairly early on. It is a bit of investment in time, but I think it pays off. I don't know how much inter-sample variation there is across the Air 2S population, but a custom profile would obviously be made from that specific camera.

Adobe provide the tools for us to build our own profiles, but it does need some careful work to make a good one.
I've done it for many of my SLR lenses (including when combined with teleconverters) as Adobe doesn't provide all possibilities.
A good lens profile will cater for variation in focal length, focus distance, and aperture. Essentially we make "sub-profiles" for a variety of settings, and Camera Raw will then interpolate between them for the current photo's settings.

The Mini 2 is a nice simple case, with one focal length, fixed focus, and fixed aperture.
The Air 2S is only a bit more complex. Probably one for hyperfocal/infinity distance, and one for something closer.

Reactions: Peio64270
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod