DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s loses RC around 3/4 mile.

Benculp

Reactions
Air2S: I can fly out for 3/4 mile before I lose RC connection. 200ft altitude, flat farm land, some tall deciduous trees, multiple flights, same result. iPhone 8. The multiple mile distances that people say this can fly seems fantastical. Is there some settings I need to check?

Reactions: pommy
what was the day like? Any smoke or water in the air? Any trees obscuring the controller's line of sight to the drone

Once you put anything in between you and the drone you will see some signal degradation. Is the line of trees you mentioned tall enough to be blocking line of sight between you and the drone? If so then that most likely the problem. And you may not have mentioned it but is it possible that you have a high voltage line in the same general area? I've seen plenty of farmland with them running through it to the point where you almost forget that they are there but they throw out a tremendous amount of energy that can interfere with your signal.

ive done 6km at 300 foot high over trees and fields ,still had full signal all the way......you either have a fault or like yeunglings said .....

Air2S: I can fly out for 3/4 mile before I lose RC connection. 200ft altitude, flat farm land, some tall deciduous trees, multiple flights, same result. iPhone 8. The multiple mile distances that people say this can fly seems fantastical. Is there some settings I need to check?
Mine does the same. I think there's a problem with the O3/O2 setup - that's my thought anyway as my Pro with O2 (and even my Air 1 wifi to some extent) has better range. Also, it drops to 3 orange bars, then nothing - unlike the other drones I have.

I just refreshed the firmware yesterday, calibrated the compass, the IMU and recalibrated the sensors (in Assist for another issue) but I haven't flown it yet.

Hopefully it will fix it one of the issues ha ha ;)

Mine does the same. I think there's a problem with the O3/O2 setup - that's my thought anyway as my Pro with O2 (and even my Air 1 wifi to some extent) has better range. Also, it drops to 3 orange bars, then nothing - unlike the other drones I have.

I just refreshed the firmware yesterday, calibrated the compass, the IMU and recalibrated the sensors (in Assist for another issue) but I haven't flown it yet.

Hopefully it will fix it one of the issues ha ha ;)
Sounds like a faulty unit as the air2s has awesome range way better than my 2 had....

watch this stock except for a piggyback battery testing the range of the air2s.....he also flew over 8km with stock battery and made it back.

Perhaps, although I’ve read/watched a lot about it happening to other owners. I’m hoping that the steps I’ve takes remedy it ??
Fingers crossed defo something not right .

watch this stock except for a piggyback battery testing the range of the air2s.....he also flew over 8km with stock battery and made it back.

After watching that I might actually contact DJI about my Air 2s, because I don't live far from the guy in the video and my 2s starts losing contact pretty fast.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
After watching that I might actually contact DJI about my Air 2s, because I don't live far from the guy in the video and my 2s starts losing contact pretty fast.
only the other day i was 5km from home with full signal over water and land.

I have had that happen from time to time too. I fly in one particular direction and it's worse. Must be a lot of interference in that direction. I was getting less distance with my SC. Wish I would have kept it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom