DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S lost comms, water crash, repair?

stevebarnes

Reactions
Yesterday when flying over water I lost comms and the drone went down. When I got home I put it in am isopropyl bath to try and get rid of the water, but it's not restored it. The battery that was in it is dead and the drone lights up but doesn't do a start up sequence. Has anyone else faced a situation like this? What's the path to repair and approximate cost?

Welcome to the forum. Was it fresh water or salt ?

As for drying out, it would take days not hours before you attempt to energize and likely make it worse. IPA is likely 30% water.
As for repair, the most cost effective an efficient is DJI. Just start the process with online DJI support; just follow the online instructions.

Sorry for your loss. Hope you have DJI Refresh or insurance.

Even without Refresh or insurance, DJI will repair/replace at reasonable cost. Send drone only, no accessories.

Reactions: GFields
As for drying out, it would take days not hours before you attempt to energize and likely make it worse. IPA is likely 30% water.
As for repair, the most cost effective an efficient is DJI. Just start the process with online DJI support; just follow the online instructions.
I spoke with C R Kennedy, the Australian importer. They said DJI works charge to look at it and if a sticker has changed color sure to water damage would not go ahead with repairs, but wrote it off. It was uninsured. A bit of a nasty shock as I can't comprehend how it happened. I have just bought a Mavic 3 Classic and purchased a 2 year care package, so I'll be covered if this happens again. Thanks for the feedback guys.

...A bit of a nasty shock as I can't comprehend how it happened.

...I have just bought a Mavic 3 Classic
It's certainly of a great value to know what happened, this as nearly all cases coming up here at the forum is due to pilot errors... if you did something wrong it's good to know so you don't repeat it and lose your new M3C in a similar way.

But we will not come anywhere near a reason for your mishap by just discussing & brain-storming... we need all hard facts we can get. The best source for this is the recorded flight log from that flight... it's saved in the screen device you flew with.

Go here --> DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help & upload you flight log, then come back here & share the link they provide. (They describe where the flight log ending with .txt is located a bit further down on the page)

Reactions: CaseyK and Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54