DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Obstacle Avoidance Apparently Not Working

mawaw

Reactions
I flew my Air 2S for the first time yesterday and realized the avoidance sensors weren't working. While hovering at 5 feet I walked up to it with my body right in front of it and behind it and it never moved. I have it set to Bypass on the controller. Is there something else I forgot to setup? I don't want to fly it until I am sure the sensors are working.

I flew my Air 2S for the first time yesterday and realized the avoidance sensors weren't working. While hovering at 5 feet I walked up to it with my body right in front of it and behind it and it never moved. I have it set to Bypass on the controller. Is there something else I forgot to setup? I don't want to fly it until I am sure the sensors are working.
What "mode" was the remote set on? If in "Sport" mode - sensors are turned off.

I flew my Air 2S for the first time yesterday and realized the avoidance sensors weren't working. While hovering at 5 feet I walked up to it with my body right in front of it and behind it and it never moved. I have it set to Bypass on the controller. Is there something else I forgot to setup? I don't want to fly it until I am sure the sensors are work

if you walk up to it its not going to do anything other than hover. However, if you flew it in normal mode at something then it reacts to bypass. like above sport mode turns all this off.

I was flying it in Normal and Cinematic mode. Not ready for Sport mode yet. I first want to make sure I know the sensors are working first. But I started thinking after I posted my question, When I went to fly it that first time I did not calibrate the drone first by turning it a circle. Could that have caused the problem? I was thinking that when just hovering it was still suppose to move away from any object close to its sensors.

I was flying it in Normal and Cinematic mode. Not ready for Sport mode yet. I first want to make sure I know the sensors are working first. But I started thinking after I posted my question, When I went to fly it that first time I did not calibrate the drone first by turning it a circle. Could that have caused the problem? I was thinking that when just hovering it was still suppose to move away from any object close to its sensors.
it is not my experience, when it is hovering it doesn't react unless its moving.

The obstacle avoidance is more for it to avoid something while it moves toward it, not whole something moves toward it. It'll beep while hovering and something comes close but won't move.

Obstacle avoidance is for the drone to avoid something while it moves toward it not while the obstacle moves toward the drone. It will beep while hovering though but not move to avoid the approaching obstacle.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elikruj