DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S pigeon avoidance

YouTuber Ken Heron puts eyeballs on his stuff

Of course he sells the stickers and claims they work by never having a bird strike

Sounds a little like a load of ....💩.

You might try reflective stickers. 🤔

Or do what I do, use prop guards, be aware of the environment, and if the birds are too intrusive, cancel the mission and try again later.

Pigeons aren't predators and don't attack other birds, don't defend a home range, and by extension have no reason to attack a drone. They're excellent fliers in close quarters flocks and I've never heard of a mid-air collision between pigeons.

Hawks, falcons, eagles and such are a different concern.

Not sure of any ways to repel birds exactly. But so far in my experience, the Air 2s seems to be big/loud enough to deter attacks. I've had way more birds go after my Mini 2. Just try to get into the habit of watching their behavior if you're flying near birds. If you see any approach and start circling they could be getting ready to attack. Best thing to do is switch to sport mode and ascend straight up asap. Birds can't fly straight up like that so typically that'll be enough to scare them off or at least give you the chance to escape.

Reactions: careless
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000