DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s poor active tracking

jmc667

Reactions
I have the Air 2s and am trying active track trace on both a person walking, and following a 4 wheeler around the yard. It's not following smoothly. It stops, then speeds up to catch up with the object. Keeps doing this while following. I'm at v. 1.10.1 on the fly app. Any solutions ?
Thanks so much !

It will have issues following a 4 wheeler since the algorithms are set up for mainly people or cars. Trying to follow anything else is hit or miss. It should follow a person easily unless you are close enough to the ground to pick up obstacles. That might be why it's starting and stopping. Higher resolution filming also makes it slower to react at times.

It will have issues following a 4 wheeler since the algorithms are set up for mainly people or cars. Trying to follow anything else is hit or miss. It should follow a person easily unless you are close enough to the ground to pick up obstacles. That might be why it's starting and stopping. Higher resolution filming also makes it slower to react at times.
OK. That makes sense. I'll try some different height & distances. We also have a side by side which is alot bigger than the 4 wheeler

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas