DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Registration Issue

jimc218

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Went to FAADrone Zone to register my new 2S. Registering as recreational until I have my 107, however, the site is telling me my SN is not valid. I verified that the SN on the unit and the SN on the box match. Since the FAA site says it's not valid it won't let me register. Could it be that I should have said NO to the unit not having remote identification capabilities? When I select 'No' it does then allow me to register. Just don't want to break any rules.

Went to FAADrone Zone to register my new 2S. Registering as recreational until I have my 107, however, the site is telling me my SN is not valid. I verified that the SN on the unit and the SN on the box match. Since the FAA site says it's not valid it won't let me register. Could it be that I should have said NO to the unit not having remote identification capabilities? When I select 'No' it does then allow me to register. Just don't want to break any rules.
Make sure that the option "IS YOUR UAS OR DEVICE EQUIPPED WITH REMOTE IDENTIFICATION (REMOTE ID) CAPABILITIES?" is set to No. I tried registering my new 2S with this option set to Yes and was met with the same serial number issue. Even though the 2S is able to broadcast information about your drone, I do not believe that it is the same as having a remote ID module. I could be wrong.

Make sure that the option "IS YOUR UAS OR DEVICE EQUIPPED WITH REMOTE IDENTIFICATION (REMOTE ID) CAPABILITIES?" is set to No. I tried registering my new 2S with this option set to Yes and was met with the same serial number issue. Even though the 2S is able to broadcast information about your drone, I do not believe that it is the same as having a remote ID module. I could be wrong.
Awesome, so if we're both wrong we can share a cell. Just kidding of course.

Reactions: KaiservonPoopChute
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54