DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Stick Issues

sicksix

Reactions
My drone is acting up or it is me, I cannot tell.

Last week, I was at a local lake I usually fly around chasing boats and such. From a picnic table, I launch to around 300 feet and go above the water and throw it into sport mode and lower about 30 to 40 feet. Well this time, it kept going and splashed into the lake. I was able to regain control and bring her to shore before the multiple errors happened and it fell between some trees. Does not work now. I have never had a momentum issue with this drone so it was so odd that it felt like it continued to fall into the water without stick down. I have flown at this same spot over 35 hours in total since April.

Went to Best Buy and got a replacement. Updated software to latest as of to date 8/21 and started noticing things that were off or that I never noticed before. Flying into an 8 mph wind, at 40 mph (sport mode), I can pull up while still going forward and the speed going up slowly rises. From a stop, I can pull up and it rises much faster. Now with the wind at my back, things seem to work normally, it rises quickly even at full speed ahead. Now going into the wind, there are a few trees but with sport mode on, it should ignore all of that right?

Went to Best Buy and swapped it out again and this one is doing the same. I tried to calibrate the sensors on my last one and it did not help.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tlswift58
I'd suggest watching some videos before flying and understand flight under all kinds of conditions and in Sport Mode no less. Then you should understand why your drone is doing what it is doing and it's not the drone that is the issue.

Post a flight log and let the experts here tell you what YOU WERE doing and why the drone was doing what it was doing. Can be very enlightening.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan