DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S - Switching between controllers

pnovotny

Reactions
Please excuse me if this has been discussed before but I could not find an answer.

I have an Air 2S with a smartcontroller but purchased an additional RC231 (regular) controller for use with other apps as the SC is notorious for having little computing power in comparison to a modern phone.

I am trying to switch between the two controllers with no luck so far. I know this should not be a problem but haven't been successful.

I tried linking the drone to the regular controller without unlinking it from the SC with no luck.

I read here that I need to unbind it from my account but this does not make sense as both controllers are going to be linked to the same account.

Any explanations or links would be welcome at this point.

Thank you!

I

I have an MA2 with a SC and the regular controller. To switch controllers, I just go through the bind process between the drone and the controller and as part of that it will ask about connecting it to my account and I say "yes" and all is good.

You do need an internet connection to do this.

I have an MA2 with a SC and the regular controller. To switch controllers, I just go through the bind process between the drone and the controller and as part of that it will ask about connecting it to my account and I say "yes" and all is good.

You do need an internet connection to do this.
Thank you, but does the process require me to first unbind the previous controller from the account?

Reactions: maggior
Thank you, but does the process require me to first unbind the previous controller from the account?
No, I've never done that. I just go through the drone->controller binding process and the account stuff gets taken care of along the way.

No, I've never done that. I just go through the drone->controller binding process and the account stuff gets taken care of along the way.
It's not working... I'm doing something wrong. Trying for hours, watched all the videos...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007