DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 RC2 "Style" Dropdown Settings Missing (Solved)

Letsgethigh469

Reactions
Curious if anyone else has had issues with this settings dropdown missing? It has the noise reduction and sharpness setting I believe.

DJI is having difficulty figuring out, I'm guessing a fairly common issue. I bought the Air 3 and after one flight realized it was missing from the camera settings. I called the DJI tech line, he had me reset the camera settings without success then we reset all of the settings. No luck. Told me I would get an email or a call in 48 hours and request a video showing the settings missing. Day and a half later that email came but was having difficulty sending vid under the 35mb limit but finally got it sent with an explanation as it was on its current firmware.
Two days pass and I'm reluctant to change all of my settings back, as they would just get reset when trying to diagnose it. No response to emails I sent so I send it back to the vendor for an exchange, they said they would deal with DJI as I shouldn't have to mess with it being a new unit.
The new unit arrives, I check the settings, it's not there. I do the update and still nothing. On the next day I get a email response from DJI saying they got the vid but wasn't very clear to send another one. I explain the difficulty in sending a vid and sent pics. At this point I'm getting frustrated at the fact we cant make it passed the point "THE SETTING IS NOT THERE". I guess they received the pics and 4 other emails I sent and called every single day. Every time I get the "I will sponsor you and you will get a call in 24 to 48 hours" with me referencing the original ticket number". Once he told me they would call in an hour and that never happened. But on the calls they would say "they are analyzing the pics and trying to come up with a solution"
We are at two weeks now and finally yesterday a lady that was higher up the chain than the techs that answer the phone, called and asked me a series of questions and firmware versions etc. She put me on hold for about 5 min but came back to say she would they would call me today and we would try to get it resolved. We will see, have hopes it will work out. Has crossed my mind to just return it, losing interest. Have had Phantoms and Mavics for years never run into an issue as this. Normally an issue got resolved quickly.
Anyone else have this dropdown missing?

IMG_2932.JPG

Curious if anyone else has had issues with this settings dropdown missing? It has the noise reduction and sharpness setting I believe.

DJI is having difficulty figuring out, I'm guessing a fairly common issue. I bought the Air 3 and after one flight realized it was missing from the camera settings. I called the DJI tech line, he had me reset the camera settings without success then we reset all of the settings. No luck. Told me I would get an email or a call in 48 hours and request a video showing the settings missing. Day and a half later that email came but was having difficulty sending vid under the 35mb limit but finally got it sent with an explanation as it was on its current firmware.
Two days pass and I'm reluctant to change all of my settings back, as they would just get reset when trying to diagnose it. No response to emails I sent so I send it back to the vendor for an exchange, they said they would deal with DJI as I shouldn't have to mess with it being a new unit.
The new unit arrives, I check the settings, it's not there. I do the update and still nothing. On the next day I get a email response from DJI saying they got the vid but wasn't very clear to send another one. I explain the difficulty in sending a vid and sent pics. At this point I'm getting frustrated at the fact we cant make it passed the point "THE SETTING IS NOT THERE". I guess they received the pics and 4 other emails I sent and called every single day. Every time I get the "I will sponsor you and you will get a call in 24 to 48 hours" with me referencing the original ticket number". Once he told me they would call in an hour and that never happened. But on the calls they would say "they are analyzing the pics and trying to come up with a solution"
We are at two weeks now and finally yesterday a lady that was higher up the chain than the techs that answer the phone, called and asked me a series of questions and firmware versions etc. She put me on hold for about 5 min but came back to say she would they would call me today and we would try to get it resolved. We will see, have hopes it will work out. Has crossed my mind to just return it, losing interest. Have had Phantoms and Mavics for years never run into an issue as this. Normally an issue got resolved quickly.
Anyone else have this dropdown missing?

View attachment 171071
On mine it is there, but only when you select video mode. It's under Style, then Sharpness and Noise Reduction. Its not an option when its in Photo mode

Yes while waiting or your response I discovered that. I actually pushed the physical video button on the transmitter in an attempt and it flipped over to video mode, now showing that setting. You need to work for DJI, it's been a few years since I messed with them and did not realize there was two sets of parameters but it makes sense. I was thinking they put video and photo settings on the same screen or settings menu.
After your comment I opened up the settings and did see where it read "Photo" at the top. Def on me an and oversight. I went over instructions and guides in attempting to find what I was doing wrong.

Thank you! I appreciate your time educating me on this.

Reactions: Dusty DJI
Yes while waiting or your response I discovered that. I actually pushed the physical video button on the transmitter in an attempt and it flipped over to video mode, now showing that setting. You need to work for DJI, it's been a few years since I messed with them and did not realize there was two sets of parameters but it makes sense. I was thinking they put video and photo settings on the same screen or settings menu.
After your comment I opened up the settings and did see where it read "Photo" at the top. Def on me an and oversight. I went over instructions and guides in attempting to find what I was doing wrong.

Thank you! I appreciate your time educating me on this.
Maybe DJI and the developers of the Fly App should have a video and photo pull down in the settings menu instead of having to switch before going there. I haven't had the need to mess with that since I do all in post.

Maybe DJI and the developers of the Fly App should have a video and photo pull down in the settings menu instead of having to switch before going there. I haven't had the need to mess with that since I do all in post.
Yes I agree, make it a bit more intuitive for those settings. I do usually alter videos and pics in post but still experimenting with the camera and I am a rookie when it comes camera settings and photography in general. Have lender a lot over the years but still very green attempting to learn.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13