DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Waypoints Question

DJ Wes

Reactions
Site
www.litchiutilities.com
Would someone who has received their Air 3 answer a couple questions about its waypoints implementation?

1. Does the "On Signal Lost" setting provide a "Continue Mission" option?
  2. Does DJI's Air 3 waypoints implementation provide a way to design missions using the a map instead of manually flying to each waypoint to set it?

If the Air 3 implementation is like the Mavic 3 implementation I would assume the answer is "yes" to both of those questions. However, none of the Air 3 videos I have seen have gone into any detail about waypoints on the Air 3.

If the "On Signal Lost" setting includes a "Continue Mission" option, it would confirm that the Air 3 uses "on-board" waypoints which is what I would expect.
Capture.PNG

Because both the Mavic 3 and Air 3 use DJI Fly, I would expect that the waypoints implementations for both drones are the same. However, I would like for someone to confirm that.

Thanks.

First time flying with it today, it appears identical to my Mav 3 waypoints and pre-planning before flight.. It does, however, feature the option to either continue, land, or hover options you're asking about.

Reactions: DJ Wes
Would someone who has received their Air 3 answer a couple questions about its waypoints implementation?

1. Does the "On Signal Lost" setting provide a "Continue Mission" option?
  2. Does DJI's Air 3 waypoints implementation provide a way to design missions using the a map instead of manually flying to each waypoint to set it?

If the Air 3 implementation is like the Mavic 3 implementation I would assume the answer is "yes" to both of those questions. However, none of the Air 3 videos I have seen have gone into any detail about waypoints on the Air 3.

If the "On Signal Lost" setting includes a "Continue Mission" option, it would confirm that the Air 3 uses "on-board" waypoints which is what I would expect.
View attachment 166500

Because both the Mavic 3 and Air 3 use DJI Fly, I would expect that the waypoints implementations for both drones are the same. However, I would like for someone to confirm that.

Thanks.
I have a question for anyone that may help,for the Air3 does waypoint selection still only
work under hyperlapse.Or does waypoints now work in just vidio mode.
This may be the wrong area to ask this question .but I still can not find a true answer to this.

I have a question for anyone that may help,for the Air3 does waypoint selection still only
work under hyperlapse.Or does waypoints now work in just vidio mode.
This may be the wrong area to ask this question .but I still can not find a true answer to this.
The Air 3 has real waypoints just like the Mavic 3.

First time flying with it today, it appears identical to my Mav 3 waypoints and pre-planning before flight.. It does, however, feature the option to either continue, land, or hover options you're asking about.
I have just heard from someone in the EU who says the "Continue" option is not available on his Air 3. Is it possible that this is a difference based on where the drone is flown similar to FCC vs CE mode?

This also makes me wonder if the "Continue" option is available for the Mavic 3 in the EU.

Reactions: solidhouse
I have just heard from someone in the EU who says the "Continue" option is not available on his Air 3. Is it possible that this is a difference based on where the drone is flown similar to FCC vs CE mode?

This also makes me wonder if the "Continue" option is available for the Mavic 3 in the EU.
I've read in the manual that the "continue" option is not available in the EU.

That stinks. I suspect this is a lazy way of enforcing VLOS.

I've read in the manual that the "continue" option is not available in the EU.
Thanks. I just found this statement in the Air 3 user manual:
When using Waypoint Flight in the EU, the behavior of the aircraft when the remote
controller signal is lost cannot be set to Continue.
However, that statement does not appear in the Mavic 3 user manual. Interesting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13