DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 4 rumors

If it is true, I would say ouch for the recent Air 3 owners. Always good to get a new drone in the lineup but for me, I pass on Air service and wait for the next Mavic 4? Oh and let's not forget about FPV2.

Reactions: rgarjr
My Controller 3 says that it works with the Avata 2 and FPV2. So yea I am exercising rare patience

I read an article just yesterday talking about an Air4 being released before a Mavic 4 and why DJI will do that. Will be interesting to see...

I read an article just yesterday talking about an Air4 being released before a Mavic 4 and why DJI will do that. Will be interesting to see...
i know where you have read that, its from dronexl.co
that article its just a clickbait, there are just assumptions not based on any info

for anyone is interested in be up to date about future dji drones i will put here a little guide

most of real leaks in the last years come from asian and russian leakers
why? because the rest of the world have no info connections with dji

so dont read any article, dont watch any yt video if they dont have any new product image and/or its not from an asian or russian source

usually you will see leaks from western sources only when the release date of the product is very close and the stores have it in stock

here are some of the most active leakers lately

x.com

x.com

Last edited:
Reactions: davidarmenb

The main DJI leakers say it's fake.

Air 3 was released 9 months ago, this smartphone release scheldue of uncooked drones goes nowhere but to burn out the hobbysts, specially now that we are on the diminishing returns phase on anything drone related.

For example, it took more than a year for the M3 firmware to be completely polished, and it still lacks the Hasselblad camera profiles for the DNGs, and I'm sure the Air 3 is far from being polished, let alone a new Air 4.

DJI needs a japanese competitor to settle the things, but due to the lack of interest in drones and the worldwide overlegislation around them, that seems pretty unlikely.

Now that the M3 don't emit RID/Aeroscope I'm going to stick with it until something <900g with more optical zoom or bigger main sensor gets hacked, and that can be 2-3 years from now easily. If it breaks I'm just going to pick another M3 second hand unit and install the hacked firmware.

Reactions: davidarmenb
DJI will never cannibalize their Mavic sales by giving the Air series three cameras….

In those fake photos, it is very clear that they just stuck a Mavic 3 Pro ND filter to an Air 3 using some sticky tape and called it an Air 3S😂

My prediction is that going forward, at least for the near future (next 5+ years), the Mini will have one camera, the Air will have two cameras, and the Mavic will have three cameras.

I say delete every post that doesn't contain real info about a future Air 4 model.

IOW, delete the thread.

DJI released the Air 2 in April 2021 and the Air 2S in April 2022, so it's conceivable that they would release a follow-on to the Air 3 in a year, which would be July/August of this year.

The length of time between the Mavic Pro and Pro 2 was 23-24 months.

The length of time between the Mavic Pro 2 and the Mavic 3 was 39 months. However, DJI released the Mavic 3 Classic just 12 months after the original Mavic 3 and they released the Mavic 3 Pro just 5-6 months after the Mavic 3 Classic.

So it's not inconceivable that they would release a newer Air drone this summer or the second half of the year.

Maybe they got access to 1-inch camera modules with adjustable aperture and mechanical shutter around the time they released the Air 3 so they could integrate the new components.

Just depends on where the sales are, whether they've slowed down since the last couple of releases. Probably the Mini 4 Pro and Avata 2 will sell pretty well for 12 months after release.

But it could be that sales of the Mavic 3 Pro and Classic have slowed down since a year ago.

Air 3 has been out 10-11 months now.

I'm certainly hoping to see something new since I've held off, still hanging on to my Mavic Pro 2.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joel_du05