DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Control Authorization Question

Jazzer

Reactions
Greetings and my apologies if this has been asked / answered elsewhere. When I use Air Control for Laanc authorization (recreational not 107) once I receive the authorization via text am I good to go? If I tap go fly in the AC app it seems to want to connect to the drone and perhaps do some logging? I’m flying an Air 2s with DJI remote (not the RC-N1). Thanks for any clarity

You're good to go. Don't use it fly though. Just use your DJI app.

Does Air Control mesh with DJIFly for showing that approval has been granted for flight in controlled airspace to unlock zones in FlySafe?
No idea. But it doesn't have the same UI to fly as the DJI apps do. I wouldn't use it.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Does Air Control mesh with DJIFly for showing that approval has been granted for flight in controlled airspace to unlock zones in FlySafe?
Flysafe and LAANC are completely separate. Aircontrol for LAANC and Flysafe website for Flysafe. In some areas you need both. DJI NFZs do not always coincide with FAA NFZs.

Flysafe and LAANC are completely separate. Aircontrol for LAANC and Flysafe website for Flysafe. In some areas you need both. DJI NFZs do not always coincide with FAA NFZs.
I understand that. One issue with DJI drones is that you have to get LAANC approvals in controlled airspace and then you have to unlock the same airspace in FlySafe, so I was curious if Aloft had made an easier workflow by passing the LAANC approval to DJI Fly (FlySafe). Part of the reason I’m still not flying a DJI. at 65 years old I do not need a nanny to determine whether I am legal and safe for a flight.

I understand that. One issue with DJI drones is that you have to get LAANC approvals in controlled airspace and then you have to unlock the same airspace in FlySafe, so I was curious if Aloft had made an easier workflow by passing the LAANC approval to DJI Fly (FlySafe). Part of the reason I’m still not flying a DJI. at 65 years old I do not need a nanny to determine whether I am legal and safe for a flight.
No, Flysafe is separate from LAANC. And not to be snarky, but if you don't fly DJI, then why come here?

No, Flysafe is separate from LAANC. And not to be snarky, but if you don't fly DJI, then why come here?
I am here because I’m a moderator, and I’ve tried to explain that I understand the difference between LAANC and FlySafe. I appreciate the technology of DJI products, but I don’t appreciate having to pay extra to be set free from nannyware (enterprise edition). That is the one and only reason I don’t fly DJI.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54