DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Map

PoonDog

Reactions
Another dumb question . Why dose air map constantly put my location 12 miles from where I actually am. Not Important but Interesting.

I"m not impressed with airmap, seems very buggy. I can never get it to do a LAANC auth. I've been using UAV sidekick.

LAANC is to be enabled on July 16th 2019 in the South East US..... then rolling out to NE and across the US thru the year

Another dumb question . Why dose air map constantly put my location 12 miles from where I actually am. Not Important but Interesting.
Cannot answer why 12 miles away, but I've been using AirMap for a while now without AirMap problems. The only area I run into with any problem in LAANC down temporarily. Usually, I try to submit a flight plan at least 3 days in advance in case LAANC is down. Occasionally, I really screw things up and get denied and just when I thought the program was AirMap having a glitch, it usually turns out I scheduled a night flight (2:00 AM vs 2:00 PM) time setting. Duhhhh!

Ok, ill back up. Air map was showing the 12 mile descrepency on myy PC, however it works fine on my ipad 5.
I have filed a couple flight plans and it works fine. Interesting that you dont have to close out the FP.

Reactions: Thomas B
The flight plan is finalized when you click/press submit. My biggest mistake, again, is AM/PM. When I spin the wheel of misfortune for the time I seem to also touch the AM/PM indication.

LAANC approval should appear as a text message on your phone. That was why you had to input your phone number as part of registering.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman