DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2S and smart controller

BigDog1

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Air2S and smart controller question for those who use this combo. Has any one had issues where the Dji fly app just shuts down mid flight? 3 times now I have gotten the “Dji Fly app has stopped” while I am in the air. Never had this issue with the RCN1 controller with my iPhone or iPad mini 6. Truly regretting this purchase so far. All firmware is current as is the Dji fly app. Any help, suggestions or otherwise?

If you have the 1,7,4 or 1,7,5 version of Fly, it has been known to shut down. It does on mine. Go into the control settings/apps/fly app. Tap the three dots(upper right) select uninstall updates. Then, using the built-in browser, go here and download/install Fly 1,7,0.
DJI FLY APP - Gavin HR

Reactions: careless
I skipped 1.7.4 and warily upgraded to 1.7.5. Flew for over an hour yesterday with no crashes so I'd wager it's generally pretty stable.

Reactions: BigDog1
Well I just updated the DJI fly app to 1.75 on my smart controller. Flew 3 batteries on my Air2s and not 1 glitch! Everything functioned perfectly so for me anyway it seems to be stable compared to previous versions!

Air2S and smart controller question for those who use this combo. Has any one had issues where the Dji fly app just shuts down mid flight? 3 times now I have gotten the “Dji Fly app has stopped” while I am in the air. Never had this issue with the RCN1 controller with my iPhone or iPad mini 6. Truly regretting this purchase so far. All firmware is current as is the Dji fly app. Any help, suggestions or otherwise?
Same thing here - twice in the last few days. Have to wait anxiously for the screen to come back. Also firmware and app up to date. :(

I have had zero issues after upgrading to 1.7.5. 6 batteries through it and not a single glitch. Fingers crossed.

where did you find the update? I can't seem to find it
If you have the 1,7,4 or 1,7,5 version of Fly, it has been known to shut down. It does on mine. Go into the control settings/apps/fly app. Tap the three dots(upper right) select uninstall updates. Then, using the built-in browser, go here and download/install Fly 1,7,0.
DJI FLY APP - Gavin HR

DJI FLY APP - Gavin HR
I finally found 1.7.0 Problem I ended up having was the controller would not download the ASP after several attempts. (Solution) I was able to download it to my desktop computer and copy it over to the SD card I used in my remote. From there, file manager, find the file and install it, by clicking on it. Of course I had to un-install previous update (v 1.75) to do so. Tested today and "seemed" to be ok. I guess in time I will find out. Thanks for your input!

Reactions: careless
My Smart controller is doing the same thing. Flyapp crashes and asks to close or wait due to not responding. I have tried to perform a full reset on the controller and download the Fly app again. With no luck. Flyapp version 1.7.4

There is a version of DJI Fly 1.9 out now. Don't know how it works. I did the 1.8 and seems to be ok with the smart remote. Prior versions 1.7...... had the same problem of remote shutting down. Scary...

Well I just updated the DJI fly app to 1.75 on my smart controller. Flew 3 batteries on my Air2s and not 1 glitch! Everything functioned perfectly so for me anyway it seems to be stable compared to previous versions!
Can you step me thru the process of updating the DJI fly app? I currently show App version 1.5.10 using the Smart Controller / Mini 2. My RC firm ware is 01.01.0072. AC Firmware is 01.06.0000. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo