DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s calibration

No, you should never have to do it , unless your drone has been truly effected by Magnetic interefernece and even than maybe not.

Where are you taking off from ?>

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water

A Victorian country area. ( Kirwans Bridge near Nagambie ) and I get about a minimum of 3 mtrs away from my car
So are you taking off from the grass or the metal bridge or a concrete patch

Mostly I take of from the grass. I have a foam pad or a towel that I lay out on the grass. I don’t always get a “ calibration required” sign but I worry that I lose reception or something else goes wrong so I do both calibrations in case. One of those nervous fliers. So, do I just take off( after home point is established ) and enjoy myself and only calibrate when asked ?

Mostly I take of from the grass. I have a foam pad or a towel that I lay out on the grass. I don’t always get a “ calibration required” sign but I worry that I lose reception or something else goes wrong so I do both calibrations in case. One of those nervous fliers. So, do I just take off( after home point is established ) and enjoy myself and only calibrate when asked ?
So it may be that the foam pad may not be level > ??

Try taking off on some level areas and see how that goes, also if you get the the home point , you can fly .

Keep me posted

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in the Rain.

Is it normal to calibrate GPS and IMU every time you turn the drone on.
No ... it's not.
Normally no recalibration is ever required.

ps .. there is no way that anyone can calibrate the GPS.
Perhaps you mean calibrate the compass?

Yes, I meant the compass and do you mean I should never need to calibrate the IMU ?
Unless there's a genuine problem with your drone, you should never have any reason to recalibrate the compass or IMU.

Reactions: EricJT
Thanks for that. That is great news. Calibrating the IMU each time is a pain in the neck.
I have had my M2P for over 4 years and never had to recalibrate anything....I have had to move my takeoff points once or twice when the compass was being affected by nearby ferrous metal....ensuring my drone is pointing in the same direction as the controller's map indicates has saved me from potential problems. A big thanks to Meta4 for his past words of wisdom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne