DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s RC antenna extension

Bigskin88

Reactions
What does everybody use to extend the antenna on the Rc when using a Tablet?. Trying to get full extension out of the arm.
Thanks

What does everybody use to extend the antenna on the Rc when using a Tablet?. Trying to get full extension out of the arm.
Thanks
If your looking for a tablet holder that fits in the mount where the RC-N1 remote holds a phone, there are options, you can probably search for tablet holders Bing or Google to find available options.

Do a search for 'drone tablet holder' on Amazon. There's a variety of styles available. I went with this one, though I modified it by reducing the length of the fold-out arm to hold the tablet more securely.

If you're concerned about extending the antenna the maximum distance from the controller, I think that has little effect on the performance of the antenna.

Reactions: Rnl
Do a search for 'drone tablet holder' on Amazon. There's a variety of styles available. I went with this one, though I modified it by reducing the length of the fold-out arm to hold the tablet more securely.

If you're concerned about extending the antenna the maximum distance from the controller, I think that has little effect on the performance of the antenna.
Sorry , I have a tablet holder but my antenna are not fully extended because the tablet holder does not extend the back arm

Sorry , I have a tablet holder but my antenna are not fully extended because the tablet holder does not extend the back arm
Then it would seem that you do not have a working tablet holder for what you want to do.. The Antenna only extends so far when you pull it out and the spring loading to tension it only gives you just a little more space to fit a device.. So if the tablet holder you have does not work, its may not be the proper size to mount the tablet you want use.

Back arm? Are you saying that your tablet holder does not rely on the spring loaded antenna to hold the tablet? And that you want to extend the antenna away from the controller?

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I put the Mini 2 far enough away that the signal lost one bar due to the intervening trees when I turned the tablet and controller 90 degrees. I took the tablet out of the bracket and moved the antenna back to the stowed position. No difference in signal. I tinkered with antenna position and controller rotation for a few minutes and found that rotating the controller so that the antenna was not pointed at the aircraft immediately caused a loss of signal strength. I could observe no effect from closing and extending the antenna.

If the rain holds off this afternoon, I'll try the same thing with the Air 2S. But given that they're using the same model controller I don't anticipate a different result.

If your concern is signal strength, I'd say you don't need to worry about whether the antenna is stowed or extended.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark