DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s Slows Down When Zooming?

CageyWhite

Reactions
Just bought a new Air2s, have a question. When I am in Normal mode, zooming video at 4x (or higher) at 1080, I've noticed that the drone really slows down. Noticeably. Specifically, rotating the drone from left to right is very slow (as is turning) and even flying straight is slower. When I am lower than 4x or in Camera mode, it functions normally.

Is this normal? Or is there some setting I need to change?

yes, its normal. being zoomed in the drone switches to cini mode

Reactions: ahagert
yes, its normal. being zoomed in the drone switches to cini mode
Really??? - I didn't know it auto switches to cine mode. I am also fairly new to the Air 2s and have a very similar issue which I think/thought just recently started. Do you have a link to a You Tube video that would explain this. I can't seem to find anything in the owner's manual.

Really??? - I didn't know it auto switches to cine mode. I am also fairly new to the Air 2s and have a very similar issue which I think/thought just recently started. Do you have a link to a You Tube video that would explain this. I can't seem to find anything in the owner's manual.
Makes sense in a way because the same thing will happen if the camera is tilted past a certain degree to help maintain stability of the footage.

Though I wouldn't think the digital zoom would cause it to need more stability. If it was optical zoom then yes.

I specifically asked people on the Dji chat line if this was correct. They said the drones DO NOT GO TO CINE MODE when zooming. False info here?

I specifically asked people on the Dji chat line if this was correct. They said the drones DO NOT GO TO CINE MODE when zooming. False info here?
Doesn't auto switch modes, but may reduce its own speed to keep some functions steady. Just because it does that doesn't mean it's cine mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair