DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s - where to Access older firmwares on DJI assistant

I was thinking the same and start looking for older circuit boards.
Caution on used boards:
No returns, easily damaged in disassembly both physically & SW.
Plus, not sure what FW is on board… may be dead end FW version.

Now if you can find a wrecked Air2S, and confirm FW… you take apart with care… that might work.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Aloes1980
Question, skimming the earlier posts…
Are you indicating you purchased a new Air2S and it came pre-loaded with x2110 ?
Or you went to activate when new and it prompted updates during the activation?

If yours came with x2110, that disappointing … and very surprising, that indicates they are still manufacturing and not far behind purchase demand. Normally, they have components ordered & inventoried in beginning production cycle for duration of product and assemble as needed and retain a percent for part inventory.

Reactions: Aloes1980
Hi Dougcjohn
Thanks a lot to take the effort to write such a detailed reply.
Something came up last week and I feel a little bit stupid, the drone crashed, I have been flying drones since 2013 starting with a self build dji f550 flamwheel and never crashed a drone this hard.
Basically what happened was the light house on the island where i live, had the flag half flag post to give the respects to my grandfather who passed away last week, I wanted to make a picture, which I normally dont do over our town. The lighthouse has a super strong radar to observe shipping movements in the shipping lanes north of our island.
I suddenly lost connection and the drone flew away and must have crashed, my only explanation is that the radar fried something or interfered with the proper communication, because I have had it loads of times that the connection is lost for a few seconds, but it always comes back, unfortunately this time it did not.

I filed a case with DJI and awaiting a reply, so I will see, maybe I am lucky and get a new one, but at the moment I don't feel so lucky.
I will let you guys know how it goes

Thanks for the detailed description, I am happy I joined this forum

Question, skimming the earlier posts…
Are you indicating you purchased a new Air2S and it came pre-loaded with x2110 ?
Or you went to activate when new and it prompted updates during the activation?

If yours came with x2110, that disappointing … and very surprising, that indicates they are still manufacturing and not far behind purchase demand. Normally, they have components ordered & inventoried in beginning production cycle for duration of product and assemble as needed and retain a percent for part inventory.
I only found out the drone hacks website recently, by that time I had already updated the firmware to the latest version.
I got my air 2 s in may already.

Hi Dougcjohn
Thanks a lot to take the effort to write such a detailed reply.
Something came up last week and I feel a little bit stupid, the drone crashed, I have been flying drones since 2013 starting with a self build dji f550 flamwheel and never crashed a drone this hard.
Basically what happened was the light house on the island where i live, had the flag half flag post to give the respects to my grandfather who passed away last week, I wanted to make a picture, which I normally dont do over our town. The lighthouse has a super strong radar to observe shipping movements in the shipping lanes north of our island.
I suddenly lost connection and the drone flew away and must have crashed, my only explanation is that the radar fried something or interfered with the proper communication, because I have had it loads of times that the connection is lost for a few seconds, but it always comes back, unfortunately this time it did not.

I filed a case with DJI and awaiting a reply, so I will see, maybe I am lucky and get a new one, but at the moment I don't feel so lucky.
I will let you guys know how it goes

Thanks for the detailed description, I am happy I joined this forum
Wow, sorry to hear that and I'd agree getting in Ft of Radar or Microwave I think can be devastating. Cell towers, if radar or microwave attached, we fly above or below near tower.

Good luck on replacement, although unless DJI Refresh with option to replace Flyaway, you may have a challenging time.

I only found out the drone hacks website recently, by that time I had already updated the firmware to the latest version.
I got my air 2 s in may already.
Understood, and that's what I was assuming. I hadn't heard of new FW on unopened packages... whew! Your action is how most are getting stuck, most don't look for a correction (hack) until after realizing a need and by that time you're locked in FW version. Some discover prior to accepting updates and are off and running.

May have more cost than desired, but this will align you for DH with replacement.

When ready, let us know... Forum is a great resource.

I currently have v09.09.0900 on my Air2s.
I used DH on previous Air2S and Mavic 2 Pro.
Had to return Air2s for repair and bought a new one.
I bought a new license and flashed the firmware that I thought I needed to downgrade to but now I can't seem to do anything. Nor do is see v09.09.0900 on the DH Birdmap or frankly, any other site.
What have I done?

I currently have v09.09.0900 on my Air2s.
I used DH on previous Air2S and Mavic 2 Pro.
Had to return Air2s for repair and bought a new one.
I bought a new license and flashed the firmware that I thought I needed to downgrade to but now I can't seem to do anything. Nor do is see v09.09.0900 on the DH Birdmap or frankly, any other site.
What have I done?
There is no Air2S firmware V09.09.0900
What firmware is your drone showing right now?

I recently downgraded my Air 2s . DH software asked to downgrade Air 2s fw to FW V09.09.0900 as well, I used the DH software and on the download fw page and it had the FW .0900. After downgrading to the .0900, I was then able to go to the 2040 FW.

The FW 0900 is not on the Birdmap page , it automatically comes up when using the DH software firmware on the download page.

Last edited:
I recently downgraded my Air 2s . DH software asked to downgrade Air 2s fw to FW V09.09.0900 as well, I used the DH software and on the download fw page and it had the FW .0900. After downgrading to the .0900, I was then able to go to the 2040 FW.

The FW 0900 is not on the Birdmap page , only on the DH software firmware download page.
There is no v09.09.0900 for the Air 2S in the DH download page (I've downloaded all). What could be happening is that the new downgrade flashing includes two steps and maybe the first step is to flash V09.09.0900 (fake) in order to flash the real firmware v02.04.2040.

There is no v09.09.0900 for the Air 2S in the DH download page (I've downloaded all). What could be happening is that the new downgrade flashing includes two steps and maybe the first step is to flash V09.09.0900 (fake) in order to flash the real firmware v02.04.2040.
There is 09.09.0900 available for download once you have a DH license attached to the drone.

There is 09.09.0900 available for download once you have a DH license attached to the drone.

You are giving me the reason. V09.09.0900 is not a regular AIR2S firmware but a "special" firmware you need to install in order to really downgrade and flash V02.04.2040. It's part of the new downgrade process but it won't be functional like other firmwares.

You are giving me the reason. V09.09.0900 is not a regular AIR2S firmware but a "special" firmware you need to install in order to really downgrade and flash V02.04.2040. It's part of the new downgrade process but it won't be functional like other firmwares.
Yes, that was already mentioned by @mtnd3w88. What wasn't stated, and I pointed it out, is that to access the intermediate FW 09.09.0900 one has to have a DH license attached to AC. Obviously, at that point, one presumably knows what and why are they doing, as well as that 09.09.0900 is not a genuine DJI FW.

Yes, that was already mentioned by @mtnd3w88. What wasn't stated, and I pointed it out, is that to access the intermediate FW 09.09.0900 one has to have a DH license attached to AC. Obviously, at that point, one presumably knows what and why are they doing, as well as that 09.09.0900 is not a genuine DJI FW.
Understood and agreed. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas