DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft disconnects

JVogle

Reactions
My aircraft will not stay connected to the remote control unit. I have the latest updates but after “booting up” I’ll lose the image and the app says the aircraft is disconnected. This happens every time and not sure what to do. I am new to drones and have been in beginners mode since day one but I’m concerned at this disconnect issue. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thank you in advance.
I’m using the DJI GO4 app, iPhone 8 Plus, and less than a week ago installed the latest firmware.

Last edited:
I’ll try another area the first chance I get and forgive my ignorance but exactly what cable are you referring to? The remote to phone cable? Sorry, I’m completely new to this exciting experience. [emoji2]

The phone is not the remote control. Often the remote is working fine, but the connection to the phone app is bad. Use a quality OEM phone cable from the bottom USB port of the RC to the phone. Completely remove the side cable.
Also. Shut your phone down and restart it Make sure there is no apps running but the go4 app. A lot of us like to switch the phone to airplane mode and kill incoming messages and calls.

The phone is not the remote control. Often the remote is working fine, but the connection to the phone app is bad. Use a quality OEM phone cable from the bottom USB port of the RC to the phone. Completely remove the side cable.
Also. Shut your phone down and restart it Make sure there is no apps running but the go4 app. A lot of us like to switch the phone to airplane mode and kill incoming messages and calls.

Thank you ac0j, I will attempt both your suggestions. [emoji846]

Thank you all for your input, it has been very helpful. Spinitup, I found an Anchor cable and between it and airplane mode my issue has been resolved! Thank you all again, very much! Fly safe!!

Reactions: SpinItUp
Thank you all for your input, it has been very helpful. Spinitup, I found an Anchor cable and between it and airplane mode my issue has been resolved! Thank you all again, very much! Fly safe!!
I realize this post was some time past but I have had this same issue. I'm using an iPad mini 4 and today, after turning on my MA my pad shows "not connected" this seems to happen frequently. I reboot the pad and it connects.
Is this the same issue you corrected with an Anchor cable?

Almost any "data cable will work. Make sure its a data cable, not a charging cable. Usually the one that came with your device of choice is a data cable.
Connect it to the bottom port of the controller and then into your device.
Make sure you remove the little cheesy shorty cable that came with your drone kit from the side port of the controller, and toss it back into the box it came in.
You should be good to go.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet