DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Encoder Error Warning

Chuck715

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and have been using Litchi for over 6 months with no issues. Litchi just updated to a new version for Android and now, every time I boot up I get this warning message about Aircraft encoder error. I've restarted many times to no avail. I don't get any similar message using DJI Go 4. I'm sure it has something to do with the new version of Litchi. And, of course, there doesn't seem to be any way to contact Litchi to ask about it. I've run literally hundreds of missions using Litchi and have never seen any messages like this. I've refreshed my DJI firmware in the AC and still always get the message. I know there have been threads on this topic before, back in 2017, but all indications there say the issue was resolved. Anyone have any ideas on if this message means anything or how to get some input from the fine folks at Litchi?

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and have been using Litchi for over 6 months with no issues. Litchi just updated to a new version for Android and now, every time I boot up I get this warning message about Aircraft encoder error. I've restarted many times to no avail. I don't get any similar message using DJI Go 4. I'm sure it has something to do with the new version of Litchi. And, of course, there doesn't seem to be any way to contact Litchi to ask about it. I've run literally hundreds of missions using Litchi and have never seen any messages like this. I've refreshed my DJI firmware in the AC and still always get the message. I know there have been threads on this topic before, back in 2017, but all indications there say the issue was resolved. Anyone have any ideas on if this message means anything or how to get some input from the fine folks at Litchi?
I flew my Mavic Pro Platinum yesterday, for the first time in many months and saw the same error using Litchi, I restarted the aircraft and received the same message. As I was in an open area I decided to attempt to fly anyway, but cautiously. I fle for 20 minutes without any reoccurance during the flight, after some initial low level flying, based on a fear of deropping out of the sky, I eventually ventured up to 110m height, there were no problems experienced during the flight.

I then changed to a set of carbon fibre 3 bladed props and flew again, had the same issue with the warning, but the mavic flew fine though the next 15 minutes before I landed. I am also interested in why this message occurs, this is the first time I have seen it scince purchasing back in 2018, and have had many successful flights since then.

I will also now try DJI's app and Dronelink app to see if the same warning is shown.

I flew my Mavic Pro Platinum yesterday, for the first time in many months and saw the same error using Litchi, I restarted the aircraft and received the same message. As I was in an open area I decided to attempt to fly anyway, but cautiously. I fle for 20 minutes without any reoccurance during the flight, after some initial low level flying, based on a fear of deropping out of the sky, I eventually ventured up to 110m height, there were no problems experienced during the flight.

I then changed to a set of carbon fibre 3 bladed props and flew again, had the same issue with the warning, but the mavic flew fine though the next 15 minutes before I landed. I am also interested in why this message occurs, this is the first time I have seen it scince purchasing back in 2018, and have had many successful flights since then.

I will also now try DJI's app and Dronelink app to see if the same warning is shown.
I have been in contact with the Litchi people and they did confirm that the latest release of Litchi in November 2020 now displays new messages previously not seen, like high wind warnings, aircraft is tilted and other various messages. They do not understand the aircraft encoding error message and suggested I can ignore it. I have flown at least 10+ missions with Litchi since getting this new message and I get it multiple times on every flight but it never seems to cause any issues. I do know that I did not get this message under DJI Go 4, at least I didn't the couple times I tried, I usually use Litchi on waypoint missions.

Reactions: srwyss
I have been in contact with the Litchi people and they did confirm that the latest release of Litchi in November 2020 now displays new messages previously not seen, like high wind warnings, aircraft is tilted and other various messages. They do not understand the aircraft encoding error message and suggested I can ignore it. I have flown at least 10+ missions with Litchi since getting this new message and I get it multiple times on every flight but it never seems to cause any issues. I do know that I did not get this message under DJI Go 4, at least I didn't the couple times I tried, I usually use Litchi on waypoint missions.
My experience has been pretty much the same as Chuck. I haven't seen any obvious problem so far after flying 8 waypoint missions. But If I'm right, you can't bring it down before you restart the aircraft.

While I'm here: the trigger button for record/take picture, do not work anymore. Is it the same for you guys ? My controller is also speaking German now I think (I need to check the menus for that ;-).

Here is an image of the Encoder error message;

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 4.50.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 4.50.21 PM.png

I too am experiencing the same issue, very similar if identical experience to Chuck715's experience, and like the rest of us would like know whether anyone has manged to resolve the issue.

I see it as well, does not seem to impact the performance as far as I can make out.

Thanks for the response, but as we all know any impact might have disastrous results. But it is reassuring to know I am not alone with experiencing this problem.

I have had exactly the same problem yesterday. (23jan2021)

Same problem for me today. Everything is perfectly updated. Using Android

I've been getting this same message ever since I updated to the latest version of Litchi, it doesn't matter what device I run it from, i.e. Samsung S9, Huawei T5 Tablet, or the DJI Smart Controller it always pops up, even during a flight a few times, it has NEVER had any effect on the outcome of the flight or misiion (waypoints) so I just ignore it, I find it more of a nuisance almost like a pop up ad or something now & never worry about the flight going wrong, I have flown dozens of flights & all has been fine, I think it is a software glitch in the Litchi program & it just needs an update to fix this only. ( I run a Mavic 2 Pro, latest firmware, for reference )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123