DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

aircraft/gimbal disconnected problem solved - yippee x

rhyl seagull

Reactions
previously i had flown my mavic pro with s7 edge on android with no problems,but eyesight on the wane,as is the case for most of us over the age of forty lol i fancied the luxuary of a bigger screen.so i eventualy purchased a 2nd hand ipad mini 4 wifi + cellular from ebay.the sun was shining,my ipad had just arrived,i hadnt been out with the mavic for a couple of weeks,so i jumped in my decrepid old micra n off down the beach we went.well,its fair to say,my head was wrecked,amidst titters of derision from a few curious bystanders,i was forced to slump over grab the bird n make haste for the sanctuary of basecamp to ponder what went wrong.my dji 4app would connect,then disconnect,amongst this were gimbal disconnected error msgs.the app and camera would come on for a few breif seconds and then go off in no particular order.so as you do off i went on the forums here looking for a solution,the general consensus focused on a faulty micro/sd card as the root cause of these issues,along with a few other things.after many hours of soul destroying frustration,none of these fixes had worked for me.it was then my focus of attention switched to my iphone/pad lead.it was brand new,kindly supplied by the vendor of the ipad mini i had just bought.but the lead worked "perfectly",it charged my ipad,connected to my computer,how could it be the fault ?? im drinking in the last gasp salon by now,id even suspected foul play as the mavic had been perched on top of the wardrobe for weeks lol. so off i went to argos n paid the outrageous price of £19 for a genuine iphone lead..but it turned out to be the best doe ive spent for time,plugged it in n bingo,am livin the dream once again x i would summise that this issue could affect both android and ios users.the moral being,check youre leads,as poor quality ones dont cut the mustard,even if they appear to work normaly for other purposes.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Lol right on - I did the same got a good 90 degree cord - both ends - solved my disconnect issues and nkw I mount the iPad mini right on the controller

Reactions: rhyl seagull
9/10 it wasnt the cord, and just the mavic rebooting or something random you did

edit: but im happy for you all the same :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+