DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft pauses/stops briefly during flight

gcam122

Reactions
I'm struggling with the strange behavior of my Mavic Pro pausing very briefly during flight. Specifically during rising/falling movement in this case. When it occurs, I'm pretty sure I receive an on-screen message as though I changed flight modes. For instance, if I'm in Tripod mode, it'll remind me mid-flight, coinciding with the brief braking. I also get feedback on the controller like OA braking. OA is off. The braking, or brief stopping is happening frequently but not every single time.

Reactions: Droniac
Flying into the sun can cause the OA to trigger, could this be the cause? A simple test would be to switch the OA off and see whether the pauses continue to happen.

Also might the mode switch not be centralised at take off? The drone defaults to normal/P flight mode at either take off or boot irrespective of the switch position. If the switch is in the T or S position it needs to be moved to P before either of the other two flight modes can be used.

With regards to messages, I find a screen recorder such as XRecorder to be a great aid, I can go back after the flight as see any messages that I have missed. I am deaf so spoken warnings etc. go unheard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have OA off. It was the first thing I tried since it's acting exactly like OA braking. Weird though that I get the on-screen message about the flight mode I'm in when it happens. As though I changed it (but didn't).

The downward vision sensors begin to notice ground below at around 30 feet. And begin to lose sight of the ground at the same altitude. It'd help for you to get a screen shot of the messages you see when this happens. And pretty sure someone will ask for a log of the flight involved. Logs can tell you a lot about what is happening.

The downward vision sensors begin to notice ground below at around 30 feet. And begin to lose sight of the ground at the same altitude. It'd help for you to get a screen shot of the messages you see when this happens. And pretty sure someone will ask for a log of the flight involved. Logs can tell you a lot about what is happening.
Tank you for replying, I will gather more intel and report back!

What is OA?
my M2P pauses on the way down, usally at around 30 ft.
i havent attempted to check the flight logs , but i was told on this board that that is the thing to do to find out whats going on.

What is OA?
Obstacle avoidance but I am a bit puzzled about why you ask? You say "I have OA off. It was the first thing I tried sin...." in post 3.
For a screen recorder, XRecorder works well for me on Android.

Obstacle avoidance but I am a bit puzzled about why you ask? You say "I have OA off. It was the first thing I tried sin...." in post 3.
For a screen recorder, XRecorder works well for me on Android.
i asked about OA, but did not say the other stuff you quoted in my post.- thanks for the response tho. Funny thing, when i woke up this morning, OA = Obstacle Avoidance popped into my head.

Apologises, I got the icon things mixed up and just 'saw' the similar colours, my mistake.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929