DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 shaking suddenly in flight at stop (Gimbal problem?)

Hello everybody ! After spring temperature in January (here in East Europe ) , in which I flew without incident, today I flew again at -1 degree Celsius and the problem reappeared ! Now I make the connection between the low temperature and the behavior of the gimbal! Do you have any explanation ? Have you heard of this before?

there are some grease / lubricants that freeze at low temperatures and that may seize the bearings of the gimbal.
Not sure what do you mean spring temperature in January without incident? Was it warmer or colder than -1 today?
If you are convinced its the temperature, and I assume you can't do much about it, then you probably have to live with it.

If you can't live with it, my answer is the same all along - file a warranty claim and just insist DJI fix your drone that is supposed to work at -1C.

there are some grease / lubricants that freeze at low temperatures and that may seize the bearings of the gimbal.
Not sure what do you mean spring temperature in January without incident? Was it warmer or colder than -1 today?
If you are convinced its the temperature, and I assume you can't do much about it, then you probably have to live with it.

If you can't live with it, my answer is the same all along - file a warranty claim and just insist DJI fix your drone that is supposed to work at -1C.
Thank you ! I wanted to say above plus 9-10 Celsius , when the normal temperature in January must be around 0 degree ! I have no doubt that explanation is the low temperature !
I do not know the threshold value from which this aberrant behavior arises !

I have no doubt that explanation is the low temperature !
I have doubts that the low temparature is the root cause!!!

As you may recall from my previous answers here, I had the same issue, and received a replacement drone beginning of december last year, and no issues so far.

Went out flying today at -2 C : no issue at all (and as you may guess I'm still checking each flight if the issue is coming back). And before take off, I was on my bike for around 20 mins - so my backpack and the MA2 should be already cold before take-off.

And looking at DJIs Website, operating temperature:

-10 °C bis +40 °C

So -2 C shouldn't be an issue - just confirmed it today!!

Hello and thank you !

This abnormal behavior caught my eye, especially since it has never happened before since I bought it! It never even happened when braking in flight backwards!
I have the a2 just updated everything first flight today no issues so far please let the forum know when you solve the issue

I had that problem with the gimbal shaking when braking in cold temperatures. I did the IMU calibration and its been fine since. Take it you've tried this?

My gimbal is jumping forwards or backwards. Usually points down at the ground when going forward until release back. Also won't go up past horizon at all. So maybe stripped gear (if there is one).

Looks like the trouble begins when I point the camera down. The lens also turns to change the horizon so that it is right side up. Coming back up, it doesn't return to right side up.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna