DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft signal interference

Sallee

Reactions
Hello good fellow pilots.
Can anyone explain me what Aircraft signal interference means, how to fix it, how it influence the flight
and finally is it same as week signal message ?

Can anyone explain me what Aircraft signal interference means, how to fix it, how it influence the flight

Means your flying somewhat near an aircraft (could be safely not accusing you of that) and you share the sky with their signal which has precedent I would think.

I Also get it when im flying LAANC approved but thats the big boys 2000+ feet up.. I have never lost signal complexity right as i got one of those messages though.

I am sure someone other than me will have a better explanation for you.

aircraft? no, i dont think that is the answer.. its not logical, wi fi from drone cannot have interference with real aircraft?

aircraft? no, i dont think that is the answer.. its not logical, wi fi from drone cannot have interference with real aircraft?

I have been wrong before will probably be again. I have only noticed it around the scenario have mentioned above so made the connection but thinking about it it just means you have interference of the signal with the aircraft. Are you flying around places with strong wifi?

That means there are interference signal near the aircraft. If the interference is near the RC you will get the same message but the subject becomes the RC. If the craft is hit by interference, it will not be able to receive the control signal from the RC and RTH may be triggered. If the interference hit the RC, you will just lose video feed, the craft will still be under control.

When the craft is hit by interference, you should make a judgement on the potential source of interference ( e.g. WiFi in surrounding buildings, radio transmit tower and etc ) and fly away from the suspected source.

That means there are interference signal near the aircraft. If the interference is near the RC you will get the same message but the subject becomes the RC. If the craft is hit by interference, it will not be able to receive the control signal from the RC and RTH may be triggered. If the interference hit the RC, you will just lose video feed, the craft will still be under control.

When the craft is hit by interference, you should make a judgement on the potential source of interference ( e.g. WiFi in surrounding buildings, radio transmit tower and etc ) and fly away from the suspected source.
So do u think thaT switching transmission channels can help? Should i see red bar on my channel on moment of appering this message ?
And also i do not have to worry, RTH will bring my aircraft back right?

Last edited:
I have had this before. i was flying close to a military base and another day close to a federal prison.

So do u think thaT switching transmission challes can help? Should i see red bar on my channel on moment of appering this message ?
And also i do not have to worry, RTH will bring my aircraft back right?

It is impossible for you to know which channel is clean on the aircraft's side so don't bother. If the link is cut off, the craft will come back by itself. Of course you have to get related settings right ( go home instead of hovering in place, set RTH altitude , etc )

It is impossible for you to know which channel is clean on the aircraft's side so don't bother. If the link is cut off, the craft will come back by itself. Of course you have to get related settings right ( go home instead of hovering in place, set RTH altitude , etc )
Thanks man, all clear for me :) just only one question.. Yagi antena or parabolic booster cannot help here In those situations or maybe can?

Thanks man, all clear for me :) just only one question.. Yagi antena or parabolic booster cannot help here In those situations or maybe can?
Of course it can. The strength of interference is relative. The stronger the signal, the weaker the interference on a relative basis.

Reactions: Sallee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty