Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airdata UAV - Needing a Little Help!

StubbornSwiss

FAA Registered
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Greetings!

Thankfully I have not experienced any of the flight anomalies that some others seem to have experienced with their Mavic Mini's. I fly often enough, but am not in the business of breaking any speed, distance or height records. A couple hundred feet up and a couple thousand feet away has been normal for me thus far. And yes, I am happy with that!

As I try to analyse and understand the flight data presented in Airdata UAV, I have run into 2 items that I would like a bit more understanding on.

1/ In General > Notifications: the warning 'Aircraft in high interference environment. Fly with caution (Code: 80015)'. I see this a few time when flying around my neighborhood, and mostly in the same spots. I have thankfully not experienced any flight problems, and typically the data will show a signal strength score of 100 throughout the flight. What does this warning actually mean, and what should I be looking out for?

2/ In Controls > Rudder Response & Rudder Map: I will attach 2 images, 1 of the Rudder Response and the other of the Rudder Map. It can be seen that the rudder response dials are both in the red zones, and with the Rudder Map, most of the readings are in red. Would someone be kind enough to explain to my understanding exactly what these readings mean, how they affect the flight and how I can improve them.

Rudder Response.JPG

Rudder Map.jpgRudder Response.JPGRudder Map.jpg

Thank you.

Last edited:
C'mon guys........... someones gotta have an answer to my questions.

I'm really trying to improve my understanding here.

Last edited:
1st question about interference:
You are flying fairly low around a bunch of tightly packed single family homes...it's probably all the wifi causing the interference warning. Look up how to change channels/frequencies, maybe that will help. But go fly in an empty field and see if you still have the warnings.

2nd question on rudder response:
Not sure those are an issue. I think those numbers in the red are more common than you think. You can try to play with the RC sensitivity settings. Or if it was windy then that is likely the cause of slower response times too.

Thanks for your response @Pipeliner

Regarding the interference.....I kind of thought thats what it might have been. What is the actual effect this interference can have on the drone? I am assuming it could cause it to lose RC signal/connection at a shorter range. Probably interfere with the video downlink. Does it in anyway interfere with the GPS signal? Were the RC and drone to lose connection due to this interference, would the MM still initiate a RTH? Do I need to absolutely avoid flying in such areas, or just be 'mindful' of them? So many questions......... apologies!

About the rudder response... I don't recall seeing any RC sensitivity settings on the MM. I shall check again. However, since it appears that the numbers are not too way out of the ordinary, I shall just leave it as is.

Again, many thanks!

Thanks for your response @Pipeliner

Regarding the interference.....I kind of thought thats what it might have been. What is the actual effect this interference can have on the drone? I am assuming it could cause it to lose RC signal/connection at a shorter range. Probably interfere with the video downlink. Does it in anyway interfere with the GPS signal? Were the RC and drone to lose connection due to this interference, would the MM still initiate a RTH? Do I need to absolutely avoid flying in such areas, or just be 'mindful' of them? So many questions......... apologies!

About the rudder response... I don't recall seeing any RC sensitivity settings on the MM. I shall check again. However, since it appears that the numbers are not too way out of the ordinary, I shall just leave it as is.

Again, many thanks!

The aircraft has a failsafe to RTH if it truly lost signal for more than 20 seconds or something like that.

To gain confidence practice switching it to S mode and manually flying it back to yourself. Of course you need to have a VLOS.

Also you could try:
Try to disable wifi or turn on airplane mode on your mobile device.
Make sure your RC antennas are extended correctly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000