DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airmap Authorization?

By-tor

Reactions
I'm trying to get clearance for the first time through airmap to fly in control airspace what should happen next?

Last night I submitted a request for this afternoon. If I go to my flights it shows that request as "current" and "status: future"

Not sure I'm doing it correctly..

Thank you
Mark

Does the clearance state a time and altitude for your flight?

If your flight is submitted beforehand the clearance will be “in the future” until you reach the time you requested. It is also “current” because you have not cancelled or flown the mission yet.

You should have received a text or email with the clearance and keep the phone you listed with you when you fly so ATC has a way to reach you in case your clearance gets cancelled before or during the flight.

Reactions: MS Coast
The request has Radius, Height, start and stop times, and aircraft.

Have not received a reply or text.

Should I cancel it and re-apply?

Thank you

The request has Radius, Height, start and stop times, and aircraft.

Have not received a reply or text.

Should I cancel it and re-apply?

Thank you
Yes , if you did not receive any reply it did not go through.

Personally I would suggest using Air Control from Aloft.

or

It is the big brother of the B4UFLY app published by Aloft.

I re-applied and still nothing.

I installed Aloft and it looks like you request clearance at the location you plan to fly at once in place. Is that correct?

I tried to setup a 1515 start time with 2 hours duration with LAANC through the Aloft app and it showed the following:

"LAANC may not be available for the planned operational area"

This is what I get with Aloft when I tried to setup a now flight.

Attachments

• GR003421.JPG
    GR003421.JPG
    341.2 KB · Views: 17
I re-applied and still nothing.

I installed Aloft and it looks like you request clearance at the location you plan to fly at once in place. Is that correct?
Last week I was able to get advance clearance through Aloft a day before flying (and while in a different location).

Reactions: By-tor
Since I live in such a large military community I more than likely won't be using an app to get clearance to fly and will have to call the bases for clearance if I'm in an area that requires it. My best bet is to just drive a couple of miles to a place that I don't need it.

I really appreciate everyone's help in the forums.

Have had my drone for a week and have still not flown it. Trying to learn all I need to be safe and legal.

Thanks again
Mark

Try getting clearance around military airports through the FAA's Drone Zone: FAADroneZone.
It usually takes a few days (sometimes longer), but I've been able to get clearance that lasted for two years for airspace controlled by Selfridge Air National Guard. (You still have to call the tower before each flight.)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2