DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AirMap part of the problem

bushie

Reactions
Just had an update of AirMap. It now has a circle around every school in the nation. There is no prohibition on flying ov e r schools specifically. There is a 30m rule against flying near people but that is all. AirMap dont understand the law outside the USA.

I'm not certain, but I think the orange/yellow circle around the school is just a heads up, and not necessarily a prohibition.
When in doubt, go around.

I agree about AirMap.
I have a heliport about 1.5 miles away from where I live that has has been shut since 1985 and ploughed over by farmer, yet still shows as a no fly zone.

Just noticed that AirMap shows National parks in Queensland in red, yet there is no prohibition on flying in National parks in Queensland.

I agree about AirMap.
I have a heliport about 1.5 miles away from where I live that has has been shut since 1985 and ploughed over by farmer, yet still shows as a no fly zone.

That's because the heliport is still on the books with the FAA or whatever authority is in your country. I have that problem here with a grass landing strip that's now a gravel pit. The landowner has chosen to keep the designation for whatever reason.

Reactions: steve1968
Airmap is and always has been worthless outside the US. It doesnt know many of the restrictions at all and is so inaccurate it cant safely be used for planning/compliance.

I'm not seeing NFZ around schools...what version of AirMap are you running and what OS? I'm seeing AirMap v2.3.1 on my iPad and all my apps are currently up to date.

Example image of a school about 30 minutes from my house which is NOT near an airport or heliport...notice, its Green in AirMap meaning there are No Advisories:
IMG_0653.JPG

I'm not seeing NFZ around schools...what version of AirMap are you running and what OS? I'm seeing AirMap v2.3.1 on my iPad and all my apps are currently up to date.

Example image of a school about 30 minutes from my house which is NOT near an airport or heliport...notice, its Green in AirMap meaning there are No Advisories:
View attachment 51964

You are right, they are not showing now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661