DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airspace CTR (Controlled traffic region) vs Flight restricted Zone

lavapies

Reactions
Hi,
Apologies for the noob question, but want to make sure I’m following the rules before I fly.

Where I live the drone assist app says I am in an airspace controlled traffic region (CTR). There is an airport not far away but I am outside the Flight Restricted Zone immediately surrounding the airport. The DJI Fly app says I am in an “Altitude” zone with a limit of 60 metres. The app information says “Flight altitude in this zone is limited. Apply for an unlocking license in advance to fly in this zone”.

if I fly below the 60 metre altitude limit, am I ok to fly without applying for a license? will the app let me?

Many thanks in advance!

If you fly 60 meters or below, no unlocking license is needed.

Greetings welcome to the forum!

@lavapies welcome to the forum
the CTR is a large area around an airport that is under the direct control of the tower ,and to enter it requires clearance from ATC as aircraft approach an airport they often have to circle around in the controlled airspace, that can extend several miles from the runways around the airport they do this at differing heights following instructions from ATC
but at the distance you are from the airport ,then you are able to fly at the reduced height limit of 60m as there are probably aircraft at a reduced altitude ,under the 120m or 400ft normal height allowed as they pass over you position on their way to land ,or climb after take off
the restrictions look a bit like the London tube logo ,with a circle with arms extending out in line with the runways

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut