DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airspace Question

jghost87

Reactions
I just purchased my first drone (m2z). While I am waiting for it to arrive, I am trying to do my due diligence in reviewing my local regulations. I just completed my drone registration, but now I have specific questions regarding the airspace near my house. I live in a rural area, a couple of miles away from a small airport (ELZ). I want to confirm that it is ok for me to fly near my house . I reviewed several apps (Airmap, B4UFLY, DJI GO 4, Kittyhalk) and see no restriction violations. See attached sectional snip. As I said I am a newbie, and want to confirm I am interpreting the airspace classification around ELZ correctly. It appears the entire area is Class E. Since I am flying for recreational use, I am good to go 400 ft and below outside the immediate airport area correct? Please advise!

Attachments

• ELZ sectional snip.PNG
    ELZ sectional snip.PNG
    997.1 KB · Views: 35
I just purchased my first drone (m2z). While I am waiting for it to arrive, I am trying to do my due diligence in reviewing my local regulations. I just completed my drone registration, but now I have specific questions regarding the airspace near my house. I live in a rural area, a couple of miles away from a small airport (ELZ). I want to confirm that it is ok for me to fly near my house . I reviewed several apps (Airmap, B4UFLY, DJI GO 4, Kittyhalk) and see no restriction violations. See attached sectional snip. As I said I am a newbie, and want to confirm I am interpreting the airspace classification around ELZ correctly. It appears the entire area is Class E. Since I am flying for recreational use, I am good to go 400 ft and below outside the immediate airport area correct? Please advise!
You are correct. The only time you would be concerned about Class E would be if it started at surface. But this Class E around ELZ does not.

Note the "Duke MOA." MOA's are usually not a problem but read up on these.

Reactions: jghost87
Note the "Duke MOA." MOA's are usually not a problem but read up on these.

I do not intend on entering the Duke MOA perimeter, but yes I will further review MOA rules in case I have a situation that applies. Thanks again for reviewing my question

You are correct. The only time you would be concerned about Class E would be if it started at surface. But this Class E around ELZ does not.

Thanks for the confirmation. I did not even know what a sectional was until I did some digging on misc forum posts. When I first pulled up my regional section, to say I was intimidated was an understatement. The sectional legend helped out a lot, and then another "airspace for dummies" forum post further supplemented the unknown questions. Thank again for your review.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54