DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Alaska Railroad

I rode the "Snow Train" in Canada on a snowmobile trip once.

Very scenic and relaxing.

Thanks for train chasing and sharing the video. 😊

As a guy who likes both drones and trains, this was awesome. Were you alps using an inst 360?
Not sure what the "alps" was supposed to be but yeah...there is Insta360 footage in there as you could tell. I enjoy putting in some of that kind of footage. I think it often goes well with drone videos.

Not sure what the "alps" was supposed to be but yeah...there is Insta360 footage in there as you could tell. I enjoy putting in some of that kind of footage. I think it often goes well with drone videos.
LOL, I meant also, I am a terrible phone typer 😜

Sir:

That was one of the most enjoyable films I''ve watched in a long time!! As drone pilots, I think we are all train lovers at heart! You captured that magnificent iron horse (e.g.: train) about as good as it could be done! Bravo for that. The scenery in Alaska is so overwhelming, and beautiful. You captured that wonderfully as well. The editing and the added train sounds, whistles, chugging, all so melancholy. Still, I'd rather be in sunny Miami and watch it on my computer. I've been on many, many fishing trips to Bristol Bay (probably 10) and have also visited Talkeetna, Denai, etc. You live in a beautiful place (except for the mosquitos).

Dale

Sir:

That was one of the most enjoyable films I''ve watched in a long time!! As drone pilots, I think we are all train lovers at heart! You captured that magnificent iron horse (e.g.: train) about as good as it could be done! Bravo for that. The scenery in Alaska is so overwhelming, and beautiful. You captured that wonderfully as well. The editing and the added train sounds, whistles, chugging, all so melancholy. Still, I'd rather be in sunny Miami and watch it on my computer. I've been on many, many fishing trips to Bristol Bay (probably 10) and have also visited Talkeetna, Denai, etc. You live in a beautiful place (except for the mosquitos).

Dale
Thanks so much, although the insult to our state bird was a bit over the top LOL.

Sir:

Dale
Thanks Dale, and WOW! you do some serious traveling for some wonderful photography. Amazing. Congrats on all that!

Thanks Dale, and WOW! you do some serious traveling for some wonderful photography. Amazing. Congrats on all that!
your state "bird" has bitten me on the *** numerous times when I sat over a log, and has driven me from fly fishing , OFF of the river for shelter in my car.

your state "bird" has bitten me on the *** numerous times when I sat over a log, and has driven me from fly fishing , OFF of the river for shelter in my car.
Once, in Denali as we got off the bus at Wonder Lake a young woman nearly in tears greeted the bus begging for anyone that had DEET spray for the mosquitos. They brought "Skin so Soft" as it had been going around that it was just fine for mosquitos and since they had that, they did not bring a head net. They were virtually trapped in their tent. The mosquitos there can be swarms. I've been in places where, in order to eat a meal, one must leave a head net on and lift it for a moment and put food into your mouth and immediately kill the mosquitos that got into the head net as you chew the food. They can, indeed, be horrible but even worse are the no-see-ums and black flies that bite and hurt. When they are bad...failure to have a head net is gruesome.

Once, in Denali as we got off the bus at Wonder Lake a young woman nearly in tears greeted the bus begging for anyone that had DEET spray for the mosquitos. They brought "Skin so Soft" as it had been going around that it was just fine for mosquitos and since they had that, they did not bring a head net. They were virtually trapped in their tent. The mosquitos there can be swarms. I've been in places where, in order to eat a meal, one must leave a head net on and lift it for a moment and put food into your mouth and immediately kill the mosquitos that got into the head net as you chew the food. They can, indeed, be horrible but even worse are the no-see-ums and black flies that bite and hurt. When they are bad...failure to have a head net is gruesome.
I Own a head net- but I forgot to bring it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn