DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Algarve Coastline 🇵🇹

mattcoq

Reactions
Hi everyone,

First time in the Algarve region, south of Portugal, I didn't have really any idea of what I was going to find there, since it was more a family holiday so didn't make any plans to drone ...

But apart from Sagres and the Cape Saint-Vincent that had too strong winds to fly, the rest of the coast is a dream for any drone enthusiast, colors, diversity of landscape and the fact that Portugal has a very easy-going relation between authorities and droners ...

Not that you can do what you want, basic and common sense still apply, but not as restrictive as it can be in France for example ...

Enjoy the flight, all location names are on the video ...

Matt​

Hi everyone,

First time in the Algarve region, south of Portugal, I didn't have really any idea of what I was going to find there, since it was more a family holiday so didn't make any plans to drone ...

But apart from Sagres and the Cape Saint-Vincent that had too strong winds to fly, the rest of the coast is a dream for any drone enthusiast, colors, diversity of landscape and the fact that Portugal has a very easy-going relation between authorities and droners ...

Not that you can do what you want, basic and common sense still apply, but not as restrictive as it can be in France for example ...

Enjoy the flight, all location names are on the video ...

Matt​

Beautiful footage and great flying. Nice music selection also! Very enjoyable to watch. Just the right pace and timing.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: mattcoq
Nice footage! I'm just back from the Algarve too but didn't fly my drone as I couldn't be bothered with this regulation: "Drones may not be used to capture images or video without permission from the National Aeronautical Authority." (source).

I'm curious did you take this step and if so, how painful was it?

Nice footage! I'm just back from the Algarve too but didn't fly my drone as I couldn't be bothered with this regulation: "Drones may not be used to capture images or video without permission from the National Aeronautical Authority." (source).

I'm curious did you take this step and if so, how painful was it?

Hi,

I am a registered pilot in the EU and works all other ...

Of course, each country has specific rules and Portugal has that one about taking pictures ...

Seems like a bummer but it is pretty straightforward ...

Just need to register on the E-AAN

This website is in Portuguese but the registration page is in English ...

After that, you basically put in your info, drone license, drone specs, places you plan to fly over ... etc, etc ...

Then after submitting you will get answer allowing you or not to take pictures and conduct your flights.

I got mine after 18 days submitting it ... The few people I know who applied, all got a positive answer ...

Very nice!

Hi,

I am a registered pilot in the EU and works all other ...

Of course, each country has specific rules and Portugal has that one about taking pictures ...

Seems like a bummer but it is pretty straightforward ...

Just need to register on the E-AAN

This website is in Portuguese but the registration page is in English ...

After that, you basically put in your info, drone license, drone specs, places you plan to fly over ... etc, etc ...

Then after submitting you will get answer allowing you or not to take pictures and conduct your flights.

I got mine after 18 days submitting it ... The few people I know who applied, all got a positive answer ...
Thanks for the detail! Yeah that’s way too much work for me 😂

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne