DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alien Tech 2.4 vs 5.8 please help me decide.

GoodlyGrain

Reactions
I want to purchase a Alien tech signal booster for my DJI Mavic 2 pro. Where I fly I am mostly surrounded by trees. What would be better for the tree environment? I also fly over the ocean sometimes, so what would be better for that? Which goes further? Which has better image transmission? Feel free to skip any of these questions if you are having trouble, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: Paulf10
I want to purchase a Alien tech signal booster for my DJI Mavic 2 pro. Where I fly I am mostly surrounded by trees. What would be better for the tree environment? I also fly over the ocean sometimes, so what would be better for that? Which goes further? Which has better image transmission? Feel free to skip any of these questions if you are having trouble, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Don't waste your money. Totally unnecessary. The complexity of the setup will totally defeat the light weight portability of the M2P. M2P already has a 5 mile range which exceeds the battery capacity. For the tree environment, get on your roof or find higher ground. Amplifying the signal will not substantially overcome the lack of clear LOS required for stable signal. Over the ocean, it will be of no additional benefit at all.

Don't waste your money. Totally unnecessary. The complexity of the setup will totally defeat the light weight portability of the M2P. M2P already has a 5 mile range which exceeds the battery capacity. For the tree environment, get on your roof or find higher ground. Amplifying the signal will not substantially overcome the lack of clear LOS required for stable signal. Over the ocean, it will be of no additional benefit at all.
I can’t fly past 1700m in my neighbourhood on top of my deck at the top of my house, Tall trees everywhere.

Alientech seems to list the 5.8 as being the one that comparable with the Mavic 2. I think they have one that’s dual frequency too though.

I can’t fly past 1700m in my neighbourhood on top of my deck at the top of my house, Tall trees everywhere.
Perhaps an A ladder or a tripod tree stand on your roof deck would get you farther than the Alien Tech. Once you get higher above the trees, the full power of the original M2 RC will get you out to 5+ miles. If trees are in the way, the farther you get out, even with the Alien Tech, the more the trees start to interfere with your clear LOS. Even 10 feet in height can make a huge difference!

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Meaning, the Alien tech antenna will not be good for your area. The signal will just continue to get lost in the trees! Blocked is blocked! Get up, on the roof, keep your antenna pointed down on the remote, many mess this up.

Super rigs!

Meaning, the Alien tech antenna will not be good for your area. The signal will just continue to get lost in the trees! Blocked is blocked! Get up, on the roof, keep your antenna pointed down on the remote, many mess this up.
Whew! Now I understand what you meant!

Indeed. You need clear LOS for signal boosters to significantly increase range. No signal booster will penetrate buildings or forests or mountain tops!

I’m in a similar situation here. My controller connection is still great but the image starts to get choppy. Wouldn’t the 5.8ghz booster clear this up some?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu