DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alien tech on a mavic pro

I have the Mavic 2 Pro with Alientech Duo II and the range is amazing, I recently had my RC Pro modded to FCC mode for use with my Mavic 3 and this goes further and better than the M2P, so occusync 3.0 and FCC mode is the way to go.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro with Alientech Duo II and the range is amazing, I recently had my RC Pro modded to FCC mode for use with my Mavic 3 and this goes further and better than the M2P, so occusync 3.0 and FCC mode is the way to go.
Can you supply a link to where you got the RC-Pro modded? I'm looking for anyone who has opened the RC-Pro to find out exactly where the noisy transducer is positioned, that makes the heart attack beeping sound at 15% battery, so I can drill a hole and muffle it, like on the RC-N1!

The mod is software enabled, you do not have to open the controller at all, and at £879 UK price I would not be doing it, search for user sincoder on these forums, he will sort it for you, worked beyond my expectations for me.

The mod is software enabled, you do not have to open the controller at all, and at £879 UK price I would not be doing it, search for user sincoder on these forums, he will sort it for you, worked beyond my expectations for me.
Thanks. I don't want to open my controller either. Just want to know exactly where to drill the pin sized access hole, to reach the shiny transducer surface, underneath the plastic exterior case, so I can apply pressure onto it! I found a teardown of the RC-N1 that showed exactly where to drill the needed hole on it, and it worked like charm. I also modified the Mavic 2 controller the same way. There is also another video for the modifying the Smart Controller, but they have moved things around inside the RC-Pro to make room for the 4G connector underneath the screw panel on the lower underside.

• Wow
Reactions: tng7576650
I bought the Alientech Duo amplifier for my Mavic Pro 2 and bought a extra controller to modify so not to mess with my original controller and I actually lost range some reason with the Alientech Moded controller with the amplifier.. I thought it wasn’t compatible with my Mavic 2 due to the change in Ocusync but my Mavic Platinum worked great with it. I read on here that some are getting great range with their system so I really don’t understand why it did not help my range, in fact decreased it. My Mavic Pro 2 with stock controller gets as far as my Mavic Pro Platinum did with the Titan Amplifier, but My Mavic Pro 2 with the Alientech system gets the range half of that. Maybe I had a defective system is the only thing I can think of. After the money I spent on a extra controller to mod, paying someone to mod it and the Alientech system, I have lost $800-900 in the end. I hope to find a good amplifier at some point to increase my range, but now Im afraid to spend that kind of money again…

I bought the Alientech Duo amplifier for my Mavic Pro 2 and bought a extra controller to modify so not to mess with my original controller and I actually lost range some reason with the Alientech Moded controller with the amplifier.. I thought it wasn’t compatible with my Mavic 2 due to the change in Ocusync but my Mavic Platinum worked great with it. I read on here that some are getting great range with their system so I really don’t understand why it did not help my range, in fact decreased it. My Mavic Pro 2 with stock controller gets as far as my Mavic Pro Platinum did with the Titan Amplifier, but My Mavic Pro 2 with the Alientech system gets the range half of that. Maybe I had a defective system is the only thing I can think of. After the money I spent on a extra controller to mod, paying someone to mod it and the Alientech system, I have lost $800-900 in the end. I hope to find a good amplifier at some point to increase my range, but now Im afraid to spend that kind of money again…
For that kind of money, you can buy the Mavic 3 which doesn't need any amplification when used with the RC-Pro.

Got to agree with the above statement, the Mavic 3 in FCC mode beats the Mavic 2 Pro in FCC mode using the Alientech Duo II, I have both so know this for a fact.
When I modded my M2P (thread is on the hardware mod forums) Alientech Duo II install Mavic 2 Pro to use the Alientech Duo II it made a big difference in range & penetration, on purchasing the Mavic 3 & enabling FCC mode ( with RC Pro ) it had better range potential due to Occusync 3.0 & nearly 2w output from RC Pro.
A couple of things to bear in mind, mine was the Alientech Duo II so both 2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz, not sure if yours is just 2.4 or both, if the latter then make sure both cables are in correct sockets and not mixed round, or any of the cables have been kinked or slightly crushed during installation, another thing is have you set the Transmission to Auto to enable band swapping & hopping to clear frequencies, plus you already know that the Alientech is very directional so must be held flat side exactly facing to the drones current position, hope you sort it out, but as I say, if you can afford one buy the M3 & your range problem will be over without any messing around with mods etc.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147