DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alien tech or titan drone system

What drone, what controller, what band, and why?

4 miles isn't far enough? Normally it's ground clutter that hampers range.

What conditions are you flying in? Urban or Rural?

I have some of the titan pieces that I don’t need if that helps.

I’m on the fence for the best range
I've used both Alientech and 4Hawks. Alientech offers both active (powered) and passive. As expected, the active is more expensive. 4Hawks are all passive. Either one requires controller modification. If you are handy then you can probably install it yourself. Otherwise, there are several people that can do the modification for you quickly.
If you go for the 4Hawks and find you need more power all you need to do is purchase the adapters to move to an Alientech extender quick connect.

Last edited:
I’ve got a mavic pro that needs to go further
Hey mark Anthony,
I live in Ark as well and in the past used titan.
I have a Mavic pro too…
U stated ur trying to make it only .5 mile?
My stock radio does over 3 and that is below the 400 feet and urban setting…
Anyway I hear alientec is very good and if I ever want to boost again I would choose them…
Of course the titan system helped but what good does it do to boost the signal when ur battery doesn’t have the juice?
If ur looking for “Real” distance it takes both..
However since passing my 107 a year and a half ago I don’t fly beyond line of site…
Good luck and be responsible

the restaurant I’m wanting to get to is .5 miles away and I live in an area that has lots of trees.
An antenna tack on probably won't help you much. You need a clear line of sight for them to work. Trees suck up radio better than most anything.

And, if you don't boost the drone along with the controller, you're still going to lose the telemetry signal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy