DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AliExpress Warning

Rob Dog

Reactions
I just got scammed by a seller on AliExpress and I want to post a warning. I have purchased a few things from them without any issues, but this could have been real bad.

I purchased what was listed as SanDisk 256GB SD cards with a U3 rating. When I tried them in my Mini 3 Pro I immediately received a msg saying the chips were too slow. They are not SanDisk and not U3.... I tried them in my Mini 1 and they work but one of the photos I tested with was corrupted. I think they are junk. The photo shows a good SanDisk chip and the fake one I received.

Buyer beware!!!! AliExpress has determined these to be "counterfeit goods" and are issuing me a full refund. The seller name is "New SSD Store"

Attachments

• IMG-6126.jpg
    IMG-6126.jpg
    979.1 KB · Views: 186
Thanks for letting us know. Fake SD cards come from everywhere including eBay and Amazon and sometimes even Best Buy. I would never ever buy a card from Ali no matter the price. These places are flooded with fakes and you have to check every single card you buy no matter where you buy them from because 1) it's too easy to check and verify and 2) it's too risky to lose precious data. In my lifetime, I have received 3 fakes and I still have them and refunds on all. But I have been successful with couple dozen or more. At this point, it's expected and the normal thing to do. Usually a person or company doesn't sell fakes but their stock or inventory is infiltrated with fakes....meaning you cannot go by the seller unless it's just plain obvious.

Not surprising at all from there. Fleabay has the same but at higher prices but AliExpress really isn't worth the time for as cards.

I just got scammed by a seller on AliExpress and I want to post a warning. I have purchased a few things from them without any issues, but this could have been real bad.

I purchased what was listed as SanDisk 256GB SD cards with a U3 rating. When I tried them in my Mini 3 Pro I immediately received a msg saying the chips were too slow. They are not SanDisk and not U3.... I tried them in my Mini 1 and they work but one of the photos I tested with was corrupted. I think they are junk. The photo shows a good SanDisk chip and the fake one I received.

Buyer beware!!!! AliExpress has determined these to be "counterfeit goods" and are issuing me a full refund. The seller name is "New SSD Store"
You can SEE the mis-spelling of the product name, SAN DIAN !
Sorry, I say buyer beware. Oh well. Consider yourself lucky you got a refund. Personally I’ve never used AliExpress, heard way too many negative things.

Got a box of fake DJI P4 props from AliEx. I give them to kids to play with, no way going on my drones. Lessons learned..hard way.

Never buy SD cards or hard disk from Ali express I have tried 4-5 times always counterfeit, the storage is one of the most crucial part of a photo/ drone system as well as computer systems you could always replace hardware but not the contents you created

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Thanks for sharing!

We’ll, it is China after all!
Is this is implication that things China are bad?
Is that country the origination of superior electronics and drones?

Reactions: waynorth

Well, the fake one doesn’t even say “SanDisk“, it says SanDian. 😂

We’ll, it is China after all!
I buy JST XH connectors, mini slide switches and rotary switches from Aliexpress and have always had a first rate product with no issues in ordering or delivery. As with most things in life I guess there's good in with the bad.

I've bought several drone related items from AliExpress. They were misrepresented and incomplete.

Then you deal with their laughable customer service. They make odd offers like 15% off on something that won't work. It's a far cry from US customer service, and light years from Amazon. Aliexpress is not worth it, and they don't care! Ultimately you end up charging back on your credit card.

Reactions: Aairon
MicroSD cards are HIGHLY counterfeited. You can find the same imitations on eBay and Amazon. Unlike AliBabba and the like, sellers have to take responsibility on both eBay and Amazon. So I see no reason to purchase anywhere else.

I've yet to purchase a single thing from AliBabba yet somehow life still manages to be good. With so many reputable online purchasing avenues, I don't know why anybody would choose these Chinese operations that don't even allow direct communication with the seller.

A fool and his money....

D

Reactions: Pallidin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer