DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All about drone photography and video shooting (Need a bit good recommendation)

Aadu777

Reactions
Hello,

First of all, I have to say my English aren’t very good.. =)

I had my first flight with the drone about half year ago, and I was satisfied, so I bought a new mavic Air fly more combo.

I know the Mavic air is very capable for taking photos and shooting videos, Only if you know what you do. So .. I’m look for recommendations to take professional photos and videos. I have watched all the videos, I have tried manual mode many many times with different settings and I ain’t shoot with auto mode, with auto mode I will not learn anything.

In two months I have took like maybe 3 or 5 good photos.
A one pic here: kirik.jpg

Tell me anything I have to know about drone photography and shooting videos.

Thanks!

Hello,

First of all, I have to say my English aren’t very good.. =)

I had my first flight with the drone about half year ago, and I was satisfied, so I bought a new mavic Air fly more combo.

I know the Mavic air is very capable for taking photos and shooting videos, Only if you know what you do. So .. I’m look for recommendations to take professional photos and videos. I have watched all the videos, I have tried manual mode many many times with different settings and I ain’t shoot with auto mode, with auto mode I will not learn anything.

In two months I have took like maybe 3 or 5 good photos.
A one pic here: View attachment 75240

Tell me anything I have to know about drone photography and shooting videos.

Thanks!
Nice shot?. It seems you know the camera basics and have an understanding of composition so it’s just a matter of practice. Always go for quality not quantity. I take a 16 GB card with me to shots because I know that’s not very much room and it forces me to erase the so-so pictures and video or I run out of room.

I think flying and shooting every day is also important and if that’s not possible try to take a few pictures with your phone just to keep the creative ideas coming.

Reactions: Aadu777
......Tell me anything I have to know about drone photography and shooting videos......

First, realize that drone photography is just photography with a different tool. You should first learn how to be a good photographer and make excellent images. Once you understand the fundamentals of photography, you can apply these skills to the tool.

I recommend every new photographer buy and study this book:

It’s one of the best foundational books out there.

Reactions: Maviac
You also need to open up the shadows a little, which you could do with several images blended as an HDR final image. I took the liberty of doing a bit of adjusting of your image to bring out some of the shadows in your lower portion of the image you posted.

Of course there is more to do to this image and this is by no means a finished product and yes I have a brighter strip on that roof which needs some work, but I did not want to spend much time on it, but rather, just give you an idea of what to look for and adjust in such an image. Hope you do not mind.
kirik.jpg

You also need to open up the shadows a little, which you could do with several images blended as an HDR final image. I took the liberty of doing a bit of adjusting of your image to bring out some of the shadows in your lower portion of the image you posted.

Of course there is more to do to this image and this is by no means a finished product and yes I have a brighter strip on that roof which needs some work, but I did not want to spend much time on it, but rather, just give you an idea of what to look for and adjust in such an image. Hope you do not mind.
View attachment 75368

Nice post btw. In my opinion all the photographers have their own style. I like my picture a bit more. I know how to bring up the shadows, your post has that “fake” look, don’t take it personally :)

Ohh, I don't, I just did a quick play with it. As I stated, this is not a final image, far from it, I have been using Photoshop for many years so know what to do for a proper and final image. I just thought I would open up shadows to give a quick idea of what to do to improve the dark areas in the photo posted, assuming other would prefer not to have those almost black areas.

Reactions: BigAl07
Ohh, I don't, I just did a quick play with it. As I stated, this is not a final image, far from it, I have been using Photoshop for many years so know what to do for a proper and final image. I just thought I would open up shadows to give a quick idea of what to do to improve the dark areas in the photo posted, assuming other would prefer not to have those almost black areas.

Okay, i’m kinda new with post, like two months or smth. I will keep in mind your idea and will try for sure.

Okay, i’m kinda new with post, like two months or smth. I will keep in mind your idea and will try for sure.
Understanding Exposure as someone recommended is an excellent start. If able, once you learn the basics, get a Lightroom/PS subscription and watch a bunch of YouTube tutorials. I like Ed Gregory and Phlearn (stupid name, great videos). Of course, composition is just as important. I like the Photographer’s Eye series by Michael Freeman.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS