DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Alloa inch island & the abandoned house

Coconut Island Drones

Reactions
Located only 4 miles from me is Alloa inch island which sits in the river Forth in Scotland. A family lived in the only house until around 25 years ago when they were forced to abandon the island. From the aerial footage it becomes clear why the had to flee the island. The family currently live on the mainland only 800m or so from their former house and can still see it from their window.

Another awesome video!

That's a very interesting place. You shot some great video and the music suits it well. I did find the transitions a bit distracting.

Was it a matter of general subsidence or did something change to cause a problem? What is the roofless structure behind the house? Livestock pens? The walls are certainly substantial.

Thanks for posting. And for tolerating questions.

That's a very interesting place. You shot some great video and the music suits it well. I did find the transitions a bit distracting.

Was it a matter of general subsidence or did something change to cause a problem? What is the roofless structure behind the house? Livestock pens? The walls are certainly substantial.

Thanks for posting. And for tolerating questions.
Thanks. I don't know an awful lot about the history of the place and can only assume because of the island seemingly breaking up is why it had to be abandoned. It does look like livestock pens to the rear of the house.

Reactions: MS Coast
Nice video.
Thanks. That was a heart in mouth shoot as I was well aware if anything went wrong I was going to find it difficult to recover the drone. Having said that I don't shy away from the difficult shoots as that's the reason I got a drone in the first place, to get the shots I otherwise couldn't get.

Well done and very interesting. If you go back at a lower altitude I love to see the result and more close-ups of the abandoned boats that seem to have been just left to rot on the shore of the island.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55