DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost lost control today.

There was a hint long time ago for emmergency compass calibration in air. If compass problems occur then just circle/rotate the drone via yaw input a few times and the compass should temporarily work again. Never came into the situation for testing this but stored in my brain as an emmergency procedure...

There was a hint long time ago for emmergency compass calibration in air. If compass problems occur then just circle/rotate the drone via yaw input a few times and the compass should temporarily work again. Never came into the situation for testing this but stored in my brain as an emmergency procedure...
Please post a reference or thread. Thanks.

Can you explain what you mean by "sudden sideways motion"?
The term Compass Error is confusing.
A better name would be Compass Warning.
It's not a problem with the compass that requires fixing.
It's a perfectly good compass warning you of magnetic problems in the local environment.
If your drone is flying straight (rather than big curves) and hovers without slowly spiraling, it's fine.
Stop worrying about your compass.

If you did see my first post, I linked to the phantom help flight log. And that log contained a lot of compass error. So it’s from the log I’ve got the error message. (And pop ups,during flight)
I will try to explain but my English is not the best.
When I change direction sideways, I sometimes experience the movement to be more rough than I anticipating with my stick movement.
I also experience some strange behavior when flying in zero Celsius and sport mode. It seems like my drone is about to flip over, but it seems that the gimbal is doing some motion that seems to me being the drone having erratic behavior.
The recording stops as well. If I try to start again, the gimbal does some weird movements.
I am thinking about this problems I have after the initial post is just related to temperature.
But I have had some successful flights after, if I fly in p-mode. When the summer comes again I will try more sport. [emoji4]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser