DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aloft Question

bcharbour78

Reactions
I've entered my flight plan and have received my LAANC number. But I noticed that the phone number it listed in the details (the one the controllers can call) is my home phone and not my cell number. Is there a way I can change or edit that for this particular LAANC authorization, or do I need to cancel it and start over? I'm not sure where the number came from as I have my cell number in the profile. Could that be the number listed in my Commercial Drone Pilots Cert info?

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I do not think you can edit the info. It's best to cancel it and start over. Interesting about you phone number. I just cancelled 3 planned flights and they all had my cell number on them.

This is ALOFT's statement on how they collect data. They do not collect it from the FAA . . .

1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT

The categories of personal information we collect depend on whether you are a customer, user, applicant or visitor, and the requirements of applicable law.

Information You Provide to Us

• Account Creation. When you create an account, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, username, and password.
  • Your Communications with Us. We collect personal information from you such as email address or phone number when you request information about our Services, sign up for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
  • Drone Operations. We may collect information about your drone operations such as aerial vehicle flight plan, log data, operator information, and other information that you choose to upload to the Services.
  • LAANC Data. We may collect Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (“LAANC”) data from drone operators such as name, phone number, email address, location and flight boundaries, submission reference code, safety justification for non-auto-authorized operation, operator certificate information, and aircraft registration number used to obtain an authorization from the Federal Aviation Administration (“FAA”).
  • Payment Information. We collect personal information and details associated with your payments. Any payments made via the Services are processed by third-party payment processors, such as Stripe. You can read Stripe’s Privacy Policy at: Privacy Policy. Aloft does not directly collect or store any payment card information provided to the Services, but it may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
  • Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
  • Interactive Features. We may offer interactive features such as forums, blogs, or social media pages. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
  • Conferences and Trade Shows. We may attend conferences and trade shows where we collect personal information from individuals who interact with or express an interest in Aloft and/or the Services. If you provide us with any information at one of these events, we will use it for the purposes for which it was collected.

Reactions: bcharbour78
The phone number is stored in Aloft. In the app, click the Profile icon at the bottom right of the screen. Then click Operator Profile.

I also don't think you can edit an open LAANC approval.

I've entered my flight plan and have received my LAANC number. But I noticed that the phone number it listed in the details (the one the controllers can call) is my home phone and not my cell number. Is there a way I can change or edit that for this particular LAANC authorization, or do I need to cancel it and start over? I'm not sure where the number came from as I have my cell number in the profile. Could that be the number listed in my Commercial Drone Pilots Cert info?
If you have call forwarding, I would just forward my home phone to my mobile

I did cancel the flight, but didn't re-authorize it until the next day. For some reason, the first authorization allowed me to go up to 100' agl in Class D, but the second one only allowed me up to 50' agl. Dunno. As it turned out, I had to cancel the second one too as the company that hired me didn't have time to get approval from the facility before the flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98