DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude drop

Arkhira

Reactions
Site
www.instagram.com
So I have been using my Mini 2 for a few weeks now and its my first experience with any drone. So far I have had three incidents where the Altitude was not maintained and I am not 100% sure on the cause. The first one was over a small lake with still water. The second was over fast moving water near a set of Falls. The last one was over telephone wires. In all of the incidents it only seemed to drop about a meter or two then I get paranoid and take corrective action. I assume this is normal for the Mini 2? I never had this happen over fields, parks, lots, and etc.

Last edited:
I have noticed an occasional apparent altitude drop with a Mavic Mini, it seems to me to be at the end of a 'speed run' but it doesn't always happen. Only once has this led to a minor flap, when I was over the sea and lowish, I sent it UP.
Just try to keep in mind that it seems to be a possibility and remember the appropriate response, UP!

I have also noticed a sudden drop in altitude on the Mini 2 when I am filming water skiers. I typically fly between 8 - 10 meters above the water and about 20 meters behind the skier. I also use sport mode to keep up as the skier generally goes between 28 - 32 mph.

When applying full power in sport mode, I noticed that the altitude drops to within 2 meters of the water, causing me to stop forward motion and increase altitude.

I never experienced this with the Mavic Pro or the Mavic 2 Zoom.

I'm not sure if this "dive" towards the water is related to the sudden application of full power in sport mode. I know that the Mini 2 must tilt forward to gain speed, so not sure if the forward tilt along with increased speed causes the Mini 2 to lose a few meters in altitude when flying low over water.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

I have also noticed a sudden drop in altitude on the Mini 2 when I am filming water skiers. I typically fly between 8 - 10 meters above the water and about 20 meters behind the skier. I also use sport mode to keep up as the skier generally goes between 28 - 32 mph.

When applying full power in sport mode, I noticed that the altitude drops to within 2 meters of the water, causing me to stop forward motion and increase altitude.

I never experienced this with the Mavic Pro or the Mavic 2 Zoom.

I'm not sure if this "dive" towards the water is related to the sudden application of full power in sport mode. I know that the Mini 2 must tilt forward to gain speed, so not sure if the forward tilt along with increased speed causes the Mini 2 to lose a few meters in altitude when flying low over water.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
I've seen mine drop around 3 feet when hovering over water. It has never plummeted straight down nor hit the surface, but I am always ready to take corrective action in case it does.

Have never had this happen over solid land.

You should all post your logs. There should be no reason for them to drop because you're flying over water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman