DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Single click works but long press does not.

Tarizzman

Reactions
My MM2 has been dead since a week. When you try to turn it on, the lights come on when single clicked, but the long press does not work hence it does not turn on at all. All it does is indicate the battery percentage on single click but wont respond to the long press it need to turn on.
Somethings to note are 1. Yes I have tried all 3 batteries and all of them were charged.
2. No I cannot send it to dji for repair as they don't operate in my country.
3. Yes I know how to turn the drone, this is my 3rd dji done and I know the click and then hold sequence to turn on.

I need help as this is just sad that the drone died just 1 day after warranty ran out.

My MM2 has been dead since a week. When you try to turn it on, the lights come on when single clicked, but the long press does not work hence it does not turn on at all. All it does is indicate the battery percentage on single click but wont respond to the long press it need to turn on.
Somethings to note are 1. Yes I have tried all 3 batteries and all of them were charged.
2. No I cannot send it to dji for repair as they don't operate in my country.
3. Yes I know how to turn the drone, this is my 3rd dji done and I know the click and then hold sequence to turn on.

I need help as this is just sad that the drone died just 1 day after warranty ran out.
Sounds like the battery connectors inside the drone need to be cleaned or are bent or broken. Try cleaning them with alcohol and report back.

Just a reminder that the second press is a long press but not a press and hold. 1st press 1 sec, 2nd press 2 sec, then wait for startup routine. Good luck

Just a reminder that the second press is a long press but not a press and hold. 1st press 1 sec, 2nd press 2 sec, then wait for startup routine. Good luck

Well, FWIW my procedure for over 13 DJI drones going back to the Phantom 4 has been to press and hold, until the props move and the drone comes to life, then release. Works 100% of the time.

The key in my experience is enough pause between the two. Press and hold too quickly after the first click, and it's ignored, resulting in simply a battery check.

Reactions: barrybcar
He's unlikely to be doing it wrong.

"3. Yes I know how to turn the drone, this is my 3rd dji done and I know the click and then hold sequence to turn on."

He's unlikely to be doing it wrong.

"3. Yes I know how to turn the drone, this is my 3rd dji done and I know the click and then hold sequence to turn on."
Is that how you start your drones, hold 2nd press until startup? Never tried that before on my 15 DJI drones. Also my 2 presses are in quick succession, very little pause between. Again, good luck and hope he solves it.

Is that how you start your drones, hold 2nd press until startup? Never tried that before on my 15 DJI drones. Also my 2 presses are in quick succession, very little pause between. Again, good luck and hope he solves it.
I was focusing more on his prior experience with 2 prior DJI drones than his exact technique. He's owned and operated prior DJI batteries that all operate the same way. A problem with the inner drone battery contacts is likely preventing the 3 batteries from powering up the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52