DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude Restriction Waiver

518UASPilot

Reactions
Hi all,
Newbie here with a question about altitude waivers. My company is in a grid box with a 50' altitude restriction, surrounded by 400'. I'm almost sure it is because of the heliport which my company operates. I plan to conduct frequent Part 107 flights at my business and would obviously need permission to fly higher than 50'. Is there such a thing as a permanent waiver for these flights, assuming that I coordinate with heliport activities (easy, since we manage both heliport and drone operations)?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi all,
Newbie here with a question about altitude waivers. My company is in a grid box with a 50' altitude restriction, surrounded by 400'. I'm almost sure it is because of the heliport which my company operates. I plan to conduct frequent Part 107 flights at my business and would obviously need permission to fly higher than 50'. Is there such a thing as a permanent waiver for these flights, assuming that I coordinate with heliport activities (easy, since we manage both heliport and drone operations)?

Welcome to the forum!
Go to FAA drone zone to make your request.

Are you in the US?
Is the airspace class G?
Assuming your using DJI GO4 app you can self unlock, also custom unlock for up to 3 months at a time.

Hi all,

Are you taking about the DJI GeoZone system or the FAA grid system?

There may appear to be contradictory posts, but there really is two parts to this.

Part A - Getting FAA authorization: Manual authorization is available using Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC). 50 ft. AGL is where the approval will be automated. Anything above that requires the facility to manually authorize you. If that is not available, do apply via FAA DroneZone. You can get a certificate of authorization/waiver good for up to two years after the date you enter it.

Part B - DJI FlySafe system: You will need to go here to see if your location is a no-fly zone: Fly Safe – Drone Flying Tips, Policies & Regulations, and More – DJI. If it is, you will need to submit for a custom unlock. Based on your situation, I think you need the certificate of authorization/waiver from the FAA and a letter from your employer stating that you are authorized to fly.

Good luck!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams