DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude

What do u mean your altimeter was 1000ft+. What altimeter? As long as you remained within 400ft of the ground you were not breaking the law.
Sorry, I call it altimeter but I’m referring to the smart controller altitude figure. I was flying in a valley following the contour and definitely within 400ft. However my controller altitude was…. Ahhh, now that I think about it I remember reading post about flying below your starting point. It might have been -1000ft… would make sense?

Sorry, I call it altimeter but I’m referring to the smart controller altitude figure. I was flying in a valley following the contour and definitely within 400ft. However my controller altitude was…. Ahhh, now that I think about it I remember reading post about flying below your starting point. It might have been -1000ft… would make sense?

Yes.

It's the opposite for me.

I launch in a valley near the shore of a lake and follow the terrain up the hill within 400' of the ground to get a look on the other side.

I may be 1000' above the launch point, but I'm within 400' AGL (above ground level) and legal.

I can't launch and go up straight up to 1000' and then over to the top of the hill, but I can stay within 400' of the terrain from the launch point and all Is good.

Remember, it's AGL and not ALP ( above launch point).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots