DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I a wuss ?

Ok so I’m new I get it but how many of you lot actually lose your legs when starting this flying thing. What’s wrong with me I can hardly send her 10 feet without falling into a jibbering wreck?

Will this feeling pass, I can’t remember feeling this bad on my driving test!!!

Maybe it’s an age thing
Being a little nervous is a good thing. Flying safely takes a lot of responsibility and knowledge. I sometimes get a slight involuntary tick in my right thumb, which isn't optimal for using a joystick controller, but it tells me something's up and I need to get to be aware of what specifically about this particular flight has my nerves up. Having a built-in alarm has kept me flying safely for a newspaper for over a year now.

Thanks everyone who has took the time to share their experiences and offer help support and guidance here. I guess my wussy feelings have hit home to a few of you who have also had the same kind of thought patterns once in a while In the past. It’s good to know I’m not alone and the feelings are normal and caring.

Well I took all your advice on board and have been practicing most days and thought I would share with you a photograph I managed yesterday which wouldn’t have been possible before all your help and advice.

I hope you like the photo as much as I do and once again thanks everyone B78F6ACD-3E42-41B7-B648-C195991F732A.jpeg

Nice job, Great pic !!!!
SOOOOO much good information. I would just add a couple things, obviously your are now beyond at least some of you height fears, so this is for anyone else that is new and reading this thread. I think the comment about having a shot was in jest and that's why I laughed, the hovering is important, however I would suggest at least 2 meters (at least above the tallest persons head), always keep the drone in sight, when flying distances check the wind speed (fly out for a bit and then back checking your meters per second, if they are slower coming back, you will need that much more battery to get back), always watch your battery level (better a safe landing and a missed picture than a recorded picture and a broken/lost drone). Your driver's test...LOL you probably learned a lot since then, hence, ... with the knowledge comes the responsibility and with experience comes caution...this works for most things in life and transcends actions and experiences. Good luck and keep the pics coming.

Reactions: Kevalli
Ok so I’m new I get it but how many of you lot actually lose your legs when starting this flying thing. What’s wrong with me I can hardly send her 10 feet without falling into a jibbering wreck?

Will this feeling pass, I can’t remember feeling this bad on my driving test!!!

Maybe it’s an age thing
You wont be doing any of this soon so.....https://youtu.be/pVpaaQAdkz8

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph