DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I allowed to carry the drone with me on an international flight?

Just flew back to Nigeria (KLM). Drone with batteries in my luggage and two batteries in my hand luggage. No problem

For Canada, check out catsa.gc.ca but it's similar to the u.s. Drone airline restrictions , btw We have more stricter drone laws which are changing soon by the end of 2017.

I travelled to Toronto via westjet with props on my mavic (with blade retaining strap), two spare batteries (terminals covered, padded case) in carry on with no issues. I am not sure about batteries having to be drained but I drained them to be sure. These were in a hardshell in my backpack and no issues at all, not even an inspect.

Reactions: Piggy
What about travel to Dominican Republic. Leaving on Friday 3/10/17. Need to know ASAP. Thanks

Did you bring your Mavic to Domincan Republic?. How did it go?.
Reason I am asking is because my wife and I are thinking of making a trip there but want to know ahead of time, it would be nice to bring the Mavic.

Reason I am asking is because my wife and I are thinking of making a trip there but want to know ahead of time, it would be nice to bring the Mavic.

i just got back from there 3 days ago...went to Punta Cana...flew with Copa Air...
i didn't bring my Mavic [emoji17] called the airline 3 times before that to asked them if iam allowed and the 3 different reps said NO...couldn't find any positive information ab it on their website ...
Check the airline that you are flying with...few months ago i went to Europe (Greece and Bulgaria) and i didn't have any problems btw.
Just got scared this time...didn't wanna risk cuz i didnt find any good information.

I flew in early August to the UK from Canada on Air Canada. No issues with airline, security, or customs.

I am going to Punta Cana in Dec and checked with there local authorities about bringing a drone in for personal use. You MUST apply for and be granted a permit to fly a drone in Dominca Republic. Without this permit flying one would be illegal according to the government authorities I conversed with. There are numerous hoops you will have to jump through as well when applying for said permit. You risk having your equipment seized if your caught flying without a permit or flying where you are not allowed. Have fun and and have a great trip

Dominican cops are only worried about kicking haitians out...plenty of tourists flying here constantly, mavic, spark, phantom, even karma. Bring an extra $1000 peso note (about $20) and enjoy flying here in DR!

Having just returned from a trip to Europe (London, Norway and Copenhagen) where I flew a total of 14 airline flight segments, I wanted to bring up one more thing. Many airports are operating under increased scrutiny due to recent terrorist events. While I never got questioned about the drone, I was asked to remove and separate it from my bag a few times as it was considered a "large" electronic similar to the laptop rules.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78